Appl Clin Inform 2016; 07(02): 425-429
Letter to the Editor
An EHR with Teeth
09 October 2015
09 October 2015
accepted: 06 March 2016
16 December 2017 (online)
Citation: Kalenderian E, Halamka JD, Spallek H. An EHR with teeth.
- 1 Definition of interoperability. Interoperability Working Group. [cited 2016 Feb 18]. Available from: http://interoperability-definition.info/en/
- 2 Schmitt M, Blue A, Aschenbrener CA, Viggiano TR. Core competencies for interprofessional collaborative practice: reforming health care by transforming health professionals’ education. Acad Med 2011; 86 (11) 1351.
- 3 Hyvarinen K, Mantyla P, Buhlin K, Paju S, Nieminen MS, Sinisalo J, Pussinen PJ. A common periodontal pathogen has an adverse association with both acute and stable coronary artery disease. Atherosclerosis 2012; 223 (02) 478-484.
- 4 Glick M. The oral-systemic health connection: a guide to patient care. Chicago: Quintessence Publishing; 2014
- 5 Lamster IB. Diabetes mellitus and oral health: an interprofessional approach. Ames, IA: Wiley-Blackwell; 2014
- 6 Genco RJ, Williams RC. Periodontal disease and overall health: a clinician’s guide. Yardley, PA: Professional Audience Communications, Inc; 2010
- 7 Acharya A, Mahnke A, Chyou PH, Rottscheit C, Starren JB. Medical providers’ dental information needs: a baseline survey. Stud Health Technol Inform 2011; 169: 387-391.
- 8 Wisconsin diabetes mellitus essential care guidelines. Madions, WI: Wisconsin Diabetes Prevention and Control Program; 2012. [cited 2016 Feb 18]. Available at: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p4/p49356.pdf
- 9 Halamka JD. The path forward for meaningful use. 2015. Nov 11 [cited 2015 Dec 14]. In: Life as a Healthcare CIO. Boston, MA: Available from: http://geekdoctor.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-path-forward-for-meaningful-use.html
- 10 Integration of oral health and primary care practice. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration. 2014 Mar 31 [cited 2015 Dec 14]. Available from: http://www.hrsa.gov/publichealth/clinical/oralhealth/primarycare/integrationoforalhealth.pdf
- 11 Kalenderian E, Walji M, Ramoni RB. “Meaningful use” of EHR in dental school clinics: how to benefit from the U.S. HITECH Act’s financial and quality improvement incentives. J Dent Educ 2013; 77 (04) 401-415.
- 12 Department of Defense awards Leidos $4.3 billion contract. PR Newswire. 2015 Aug 19 [cited 2015 Dec 14]. Available from: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/department-of-defense-awards-leidos-43-billion-contract-300130856.html
- 13 Friedman C, Rubin J, Brown J, Buntin M, Corn M, Etheredge L, Gunter C, Musen M, Platt R, Stead W, Sullivan K, Van Houweling D. Toward a science of learning systems: a research agenda for the high-functioning Learning Health System. J Am Med Inform Assoc 2015; 22 (01) 43-50.