Contemporary Expertise in Homeopathy
Our journal must keep pace with contemporary expertise and active participation in the field of homeopathy, particularly in its clinical and research development. A key facet of any academic journal is the individual and collective membership of its Editorial Advisory Board (EAB), who help to ensure a rich supply of current ideas, articles and peer-reviewer input. We have recently reviewed and updated Homeopathy's EAB team, the first time we have done so since 2019.
In enhancing its overall specialist knowledge base, research activity and relevant geographic spread, the journal is welcoming 15 new EAB members: Harleen Kaur, Munmun Koley, Praveen Oberai, Subhranil Saha, Simran Tandon (India), Patrízia Ana Bricarello, Cidéli Coelho, Elizabeth C. Perez Hurtado (Brazil), Jean Duckworth, Esther van der Werf, Elizabeth Thompson (UK), Maria Olga Kokornaczyk, Sandra Würtenberger (Switzerland), Joyce Frye (USA), and José Manuel Mazón-Suástegui (Mexico). Five individuals are departing from the EAB after many years of committed contribution to the journal: Philippe Belon, Brian Berman, Martin Chaplin, Klaus Linde and Lionel Milgrom.
Not untypically, the current issue of Homeopathy includes contributions from amongst its EAB membership, with articles in both fundamental and clinical research. The former add further evidence for physical or biological effects of homeopathic medicines in the laboratory setting,   while the latter report in vivo effects of homeopathy from clinical trials in humans  and, notably, in penguins. The final article is a case report of a woman who received treatment for two concurrent clinical complaints using individualised homeopathic medicine.
Artikel online veröffentlicht:
28. Juli 2023
© 2023. Faculty of Homeopathy. This article is published by Thieme.
Georg Thieme Verlag KG
Rüdigerstraße 14, 70469 Stuttgart, Germany
- 1 Rajendran ES. Nanomaterial characterisation of diluted Platina and alcohol control samples. Homeopathy 2023; 112: 144-151
- 2 Kokornaczyk MO, Würtenberger S, Baumgartner S. Self-assembled patterns formed in evaporating droplets to analyze bi-component homeopathic preparations in the low dilution range. Homeopathy 2023; 112: 152-159
- 3 Basu N, Garg M, Tandon C, Das BC, Tandon S. Arsenicum album induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis, and inhibits epithelial–mesenchymal transition in hormone-dependent MCF7 breast cancer cells. Homeopathy 2022; 112: 160-169
- 4 Gupta B, Misra P, Karuppusamy A. et al. Individualized homeopathic medicines as adjunctive treatment of pediatric epilepsy: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Homeopathy 2022; 112: 170-183
- 5 Kaur H, Kaushik S, Singh G. et al. Homeopathy as an adjuvant to standard care in moderate and severe cases of COVID-19: a single-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Homeopathy 2023; 112: 184-197
- 6 Narita FB, Balbueno MCS, Yang ML, Peixoto Jr KDC, Vanstreels RET, Coelho CP. Evaluation of the effects of administering ultradiluted Avena sativa and Echinacea angustifolia on the hematological parameters of Magellanic penguins (Spheniscus magellanicus) during the reproductive period. Homeopathy 2022; 112: 198-204
- 7 Bagot JL, Stahl G. A case of recurrent urinary tract infection successfully treated during homeopathic supportive care in oncology. Homeopathy 2023; 112: 205-212