Subscribe to RSS
Partially Resorbable Mesh Inclusion between Dissected Layers during Surgical Repair of Aortic DissectionFunding None.
Surgical management of aortic dissection is technically challenging for different reasons. Reapproximation of dissected layers because of fragility of the dissected aortic wall layers is of major concern. Many techniques have been described to restore the integrity of aortic wall. Inclusion of a partially resorbable mesh fixed with glue, between the dissected layers, may be a simple and effective method for providing a secure and viable end-to-end anastomosis between aortic stump and a Dacron graft.
Received: 27 August 2020
Accepted: 21 March 2021
Article published online:
28 December 2021
© 2021. The Author(s). This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, permitting unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction so long as the original work is properly cited. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Thieme Medical Publishers, Inc.
333 Seventh Avenue, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10001, USA
- 1 Minato N, Okada T, Sumida T, Watanabe K, Maruyama T, Kusunose T. Autologous adventitial overlay method reinforces anastomoses in aortic surgery. Ann Thorac Surg 2014; 97 (05) 1814-1815
- 2 Bavaria JE, Brinster DR, Gorman RC, Woo YJ, Gleason T, Pochettino A. Advances in the treatment of acute type A dissection: an integrated approach. Ann Thorac Surg 2002; 74 (05) S1848-S1852 , discussion S1857–S1863
- 3 Sabik JF, Lytle BW, Blackstone EH, McCarthy PM, Loop FD, Cosgrove DM. Long-term effectiveness of operations for ascending aortic dissections. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2000; 119 (05) 946-962
- 4 Kazui T, Washiyama N, Bashar AH. et al. Role of biologic glue repair of proximal aortic dissection in the development of early and midterm redissection of the aortic root. Ann Thorac Surg 2001; 72 (02) 509-514
- 5 Strauch JT, Spielvogel D, Lansman SL, Lauten AL, Bodian C, Griepp RB. Long-term integrity of teflon felt-supported suture lines in aortic surgery. Ann Thorac Surg 2005; 79 (03) 796-800
- 6 Tanaka K, Morioka K, Li W. et al. Adventitial inversion technique without the aid of biologic glue or Teflon buttress for acute type A aortic dissection. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2005; 28 (06) 864-869
- 7 Oda T, Minatoya K, Sasaki H. et al. Adventitial inversion technique for type A aortic dissection distal anastomosis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2016; 151 (05) 1340-1345
- 8 Cobb WS, Kercher KW, Heniford BT. The argument for lightweight polypropylene mesh in hernia repair. Surg Innov 2005; 12 (01) 63-69