Subscribe to RSS
STABILISE Technique via a Transapical Approach to Repair Residual Type A Aortic DissectionFunding None.
The stent-assisted balloon-induced intimal disruption and relamination in aortic dissection or STABILISE concept is a novel endovascular strategy in Type A and Type B dissections. We report a case of Type A aortic dissection repair combining, first, an open thoracic aortic surgery with an elephant trunk procedure and, second, an endovascular treatment using the STABILISE technique via a combined transapical approach commonly used for transcatheter aortic valve implantation and a femoral pathway.
Received: 17 June 2020
Accepted: 25 February 2021
Article published online:
24 September 2021
© 2021. The Author(s). This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, permitting unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction so long as the original work is properly cited. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Thieme Medical Publishers, Inc.
333 Seventh Avenue, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10001, USA
- 1 Greenberg RK, Haddad F, Svensson L. et al. Hybrid approaches to thoracic aortic aneurysms: the role of endovascular elephant trunk completion. Circulation 2005; 112 (17) 2619-2626
- 2 Hofferberth SC, Nixon IK, Boston RC, McLachlan CS, Mossop PJ. Stent-assisted balloon-induced intimal disruption and relamination in aortic dissection repair: the STABILISE concept. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2014; 147 (04) 1240-1245
- 3 Melissano G, Bertoglio L, Rinaldi E. et al. Satisfactory short-term outcomes of the STABILISE technique for type B aortic dissection. J Vasc Surg 2018; 68 (04) 966-975
- 4 Agostinelli A, Carino D, Borrello B, Nicolini F. Transapical access for thoracic endovascular aortic repair to elephant trunk completion. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 2018; 27 (02) 301-303
- 5 Faure EM, El Batti S, Abou Rjeili M, Julia P, Alsac JM. Mid-term outcomes of stent assisted balloon induced intimal disruption and relamination in aortic dissection repair (STABILISE) in acute Type B aortic dissection. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2018; 56 (02) 209-215
- 6 Faure EM, El Batti S, Sutter W. et al. Stent-assisted balloon-induced intimal disruption and relamination of distal remaining aortic dissection after acute DeBakey type I repair. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2019; 157 (06) 2159-2165
- 7 Pinaud F, Daligault M, Enon B, de Brux JL. Endovascular treatment of inoperable acute type A dissection via the transapical approach. Eur Heart J 2013; 34 (41) 3236