Subscribe to RSS
Computed Tomography-Guided Transfissural Coil Localization of Lung NodulesFunding None.
Background The objective of this study was to evaluate the feasibility, safety, and clinical effectiveness of preoperative computed tomography (CT)-guided transfissural coil localization (TFCL) of subfissural lung nodules.
Methods Five patients with lung nodules who underwent CT-guided TFCL before video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery between November 2015 and December 2018 were included. Technical success rates of TFCL and wedge resection were assessed, as well complications and pathological results.
Results The technical success rate of TFCL was 100%. Two patients experienced parenchymal hemorrhage around the needle path, and two patients experienced asymptomatic pneumothorax after TFCL. The technical success rate of the wedge resection of lung nodules was also 100%. The pathological diagnoses of the five nodules were minimally invasive adenocarcinoma (n = 3), adenocarcinoma in situ (n = 1), and inflammatory nodule (n = 1).
Conclusion CT-guided TFCL is a safe and effective method for the preoperative localization of subfissural lung nodules.
Received: 26 February 2019
Accepted: 15 July 2019
26 August 2019 (online)
© 2020. Thieme. All rights reserved.
Georg Thieme Verlag KG
Stuttgart · New York
- 1 Fu YF, Zhang M, Wu WB, Wang T. Coil localization-guided video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery for lung nodules. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2018; 28 (03) 292-297
- 2 Su TH, Fan YF, Jin L, He W, Hu LB. CT-guided localization of small pulmonary nodules using adjacent microcoil implantation prior to video-assisted thoracoscopic surgical resection. Eur Radiol 2015; 25 (09) 2627-2633
- 3 Yang ZJ, Liang YH, Li M, Fang P. Preoperative computed tomography-guided coil localization of lung nodules. Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol 2019; •••: 1-7 . Doi: 10.1080/13645706.2019.1576053
- 4 Zhang M, Wang T, Wang H. A segmental labeling technique for non-intubated thoracoscopic anatomical segmentectomy. J Thorac Dis 2017; 9 (06) 1648-1650
- 5 Finley RJ, Mayo JR, Grant K. , et al. Preoperative computed tomography-guided microcoil localization of small peripheral pulmonary nodules: a prospective randomized controlled trial. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2015; 149 (01) 26-31
- 6 Iguchi T, Hiraki T, Gobara H. , et al. Transfissural route used for preoperative localization of small pulmonary lesions with a short hook wire and suture system. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2015; 38 (01) 222-226
- 7 Iguchi T, Hiraki T, Matsui Y. , et al. Preoperative short hookwire placement for small pulmonary lesions: evaluation of technical success and risk factors for initial placement failure. Eur Radiol 2018; 28 (05) 2194-2202