Allgemeine Homöopathische Zeitung 2017; 262(02): 2-76
DOI: 10.1055/s-0037-1601222
Georg Thieme Verlag KG Stuttgart · New York

Pain management in varying degrees of deforming forms of seronegative, seropositive arthritis and osteoarthritis with homeopathy

Schmerzbehandlung mit Homöopathie bei deformierenden Formen von seronegativer, seropositiver Arthritis und Osteoarthritis

Article in several languages: English | deutsch
R Tonsey
1   Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, Homeopathic Materia Medica, Mumbai, India
DSD Tonsey
2   Bombay University, Homeopathy, Mumbai, India
› Author Affiliations
Further Information

Publication History

Publication Date:
21 March 2017 (online)



This is a theoretical as well as a clinical study. Cases included were recruited from the clinical practice only.

  • Each patient was given adequate time and data was elicited in a comprehensive manner in order to obtain the full picture and stage of disease.

  • Cases were processed depending on their degree of severity and the role of homeopathy in the treatment plan was explained.

  • References from the homeopathic materia medica and repertory had been availed for the selection of remedies. All cases have been followed up for a sufficient amount of time as per the guidelines of Organon, to obtain a thorough study.

  • From the above matter, data was thoroughly processed and a remedy was selected for the pertaining case.

  • Only those cases, suffering from seronegative, seropositive arthritis and osteoarthritis were selected.

  • Patients of different age groups, gender and different socio-economic background were selected.


The results of the study have been satisfactory and longstanding improvement has been recorded in 80% of the cases. The remaining 20% includes patients, who have either passed away, discontinued treatment and/or felt no improvement undergoing homeopathic treatment.


It can be safely concluded that homeopathy helps in managing mild, moderate and severe forms of seronegative, seropositive arthritis and osteoarthritis.