Endoscopic Ultrasound-guided Transesophageal Biopsy of Parathyroid Adenoma
25 September 2019 (online)
Parathyroid adenoma (PTA) causing hyperparathyroidism and hypercalcemia leading to pancreatitis is reported. Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) can help in the localization of PTA. We report a case of EUS-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy-proven PTA which is not reported in literature to our knowledge.
- 1 Kaplan EL, Yashiro T, Salti G. Primary hyperparathyroidism in the 1990s. Choice of surgical procedures for this disease. Ann Surg 1992; 215: 300-17
- 2 Buderi SI, Saleh HZ, Theologou T, Shackcloth M. Endobronchial ultrasound-guided biopsy to diagnose large posterior mediastinal parathyroid adenoma prior to video-assisted thoracoscopic resection. BMJ Case Rep 2014 2014; Bcr2013200131
- 3 Udelsman R. Six hundred fifty-six consecutive explorations for primary hyperparathyroidism. Ann Surg 2002; 235: 665-70
- 4 Catargi B, Raymond JM, Lafarge-Gense V, Leccia F, Roger P, Tabarin A. Localization of parathyroid tumors using endoscopic ultrasonography in primary hyperparathyroidism. J Endocrinol Invest 1999; 22: 688-92
- 5 Vu DH, Erickson RA. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration with aspirate assay to diagnose suspected mediastinal parathyroid adenomas. Endocr Pract 2010; 16: 437-40