Coronary-pulmonary fistula with common sac: An uncommon variant
Verantwortlicher Herausgeber dieser Rubrik: Financial support and sponsorship Nil.
A 68-year-old male patient presented with chief complaints of chest pain and dyspnea on exertion. On physical examination, his pulse was regular at 82 bpm and blood pressure was 140/80 mmHg. Resting electrocardiography (ECG) was within normal limit and chest X-ray also did not reveal any significant abnormality. Routine blood investigations were unremarkable; transthoracic echocardiography also did not show any significant abnormality. Catheter coronary angiography revealed severe triple vessel disease and showed possibility of coronary artery fistula. Computed tomography (CT) coronary angiography showed three aberrant branches arising from right and left coronary arteries forming a sac which subsequently opened into the main pulmonary artery.
KeywordsCoronary artery fistula - coronary artery pulmonary artery fistula - CT angiography - fistula
26. Juli 2021 (online)
© 2018. Indian Radiological Association. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Baltaxe HA, Wixson D. The incidence of congenital anomalies of the coronary arteries in the adult population. Radiology 1977; 122: 47-52
- 2 Van den Brand M, Pieterman H, Suryapranata H, Bogers AJ. Closure of a coronary fistula with a transcatheter implantable coil. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn 1992; 25: 223-6
- 3 Lim JJ, Jung JI, Lee BY, Lee HG. Prevalence and types of coronary artery fistulas detected with coronary CT angiography. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2014; 203: W237-43
- 4 Zhang LJ, Zhou CS, Wang Y, Jin Z, Yu W, Zhang Z. et al. Prevalence and types of coronary to pulmonary artery fistula in a Chinese population at dual-source CT coronary angiography. Acta Radiol 2014; 55: 1031-9
- 5 Saboo SS, Juan YH, Khandelwal A, George E, Steigner ML, Landzberg M. et al. MDCT of congenital coronary artery fistulas. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2014; 203: W244-52
- 6 Schmid M, Achenbach S, Ludwig J, Baum U, Anders K, Pohle K. et al. Visualization of coronary artery anomalies by contrast enhanced multi-detector row spiral computed tomography. Int J Cardiol 2006; 111: 430-5
- 7 Tomasian A, Lell M, Currier J, Rahman J, Krishnam MS. Coronary artery to pulmonary artery fistulae with multiple aneurysms: Radiological features on dual-source 64-slice CT angiography. Br J Radiol 2008; 81: e218-20
- 8 Mangukia CV. Coronary artery fistula. Ann Thorac Surg 2012; 93: 2084-92
- 9 Kim MS, Jung JI, Chun HJ. Coronary to pulmonary artery fistula: Morphologic features at multidetector CT. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 2010; 26: 273-80
- 10 Dodd JD, Ferencik M, Liberthson RR, Nieman K, Brady TJ, Hoffmann U. et al. Evaluation of efficacy of 64-slice multidetector computed tomography in patients with congenital coronary fistulas. J Comput Assist Tomogr 2008; 32: 265-70