Subscribe to RSS
Wilm’s tumor presenting with scrotal varicocele in an 11-month-old boy
Subject Editor: Financial support and sponsorship Nil.
This is a case report of Wilms’ tumor which presented with varicocele in an 11-month old infant. The age of the patient and the uncommon mode of presentation are the unique features of this case. This case emphasizes the need to exclude a renal tumor in children with scrotal varicoceles.
26 July 2021 (online)
© 2018. Indian Radiological Association. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Dahnert W. Wilms tumor. In: Dahnert W. editor Radiology review manual. 7th ed. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins; 2011: 1010-1
- 2 Paulino AC, Coppes MJ, Sakamoto KM, Windle ML, Bergstrom SK, Arceci RJ. Wilms tumor. Updated on: 25th March, 2013. Available from: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/989398-overview#showall. [Accessed on 2014 July 5]
- 3 Monroe K, Navoy J, Odrezin GT, Nichols MH, Polhill R. Varicocele as a presenting feature of Wilms’ tumor. Pediatr Emerg Care 1995; 11: 300-1
- 4 Auldist AW. Wilms’ tumour presenting as a varicocele. J Pediatr Surg 1976; 11: 471-2
- 5 Eklöf O, Sandstedt B, Söderlund S, Wikstad I, Ahström L. Paravertebral widening in a case of recurrent Wilms’ tumor. Pediatr Radiol 1982; 12: 255-7
- 6 Dahnert W. Varicocele. In: Dahnert W. editor Radiology review manual. 7th ed. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins; 2011: 1009
- 7 Saleh RA, Agarwal A, Oder M, Hubaveshki S, Tomova A, Kumanov P. Incidence of varicocele in children and adolescents: A population-based study on 1200 young Bulgarian males. Fertil Steril 2002; 78 Suppl (01) S68
- 8 El-Saeity NS, Sidhu PS. “Scrotal varicocele, exclude a renal tumour.” Is this evidence based?. Clin Radiol 2006; 61: 593-599
- 9 Robson J, Wolstenhulme S, Knapp P. Is there a co-association between renal or retroperitoneal tumours and scrotal varicoceles? A systematic review. Ultrasound 2012; 20: 182-191