Subscribe to RSS
SAPHO syndrome: A radiological case reportFinancial support and sponsorship Nil.
The SAPHO syndrome (synovitis–acne–pustulosis–hyperostosis–osteitis syndrome) is a rare chronic inflammatory disease of unknown etiology. Herein, we present a case of incidentally detected SAPHO syndrome in a middle-aged male patient who visited the hospital for pulmonary complaints.
KeywordsAnkylosis - arthropathy - hyperostosis - osteitis - pustulosis - synovitis–acne–pustulosis–hyperostosis–osteitis
Received: 12 June 2018
Accepted: 30 November 2019
19 July 2021 (online)
© 2020. Indian Radiological Association. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Boutin RD, Resnick D. The SAPHO syndrome: An evolving concept for unifying several idiopathic disorders of bone and skin. AJR Am J Roentgenol 1998; 170: 585-91
- 2 Davies AM, Marino AJ, Evans N, Grimer RJ, Deshmukh N, Mangham DC. SAPHO syndrome: 20-year follow-up. Skeletal Radiol 1999; 28: 159-62
- 3 Matzaroglou Ch, Velissaris D, Karageorgos A, Marangos M, Panagiotopoulos E, Karanikolas M. SAPHO syndrome diagnosis and treatment: Report of five cases and review of the literature. Open Orthop J 2009; 3: 100-6
- 4 Rukavina I. SAPHO syndrome: A review. J Child Orthop 2015; 9: 19-27
- 5 Cotton A, Flipo RM, Mentre A, Delaporte E, Duquesnoy B, Chastanet P. SAPHO syndrome. Radio Graphics 1995; 15: 1147-54
- 6 Depasquale R, Kumar N, Lalam RK, Tins BJ, Tyrrel PN, Singh J. et al. SAPHO: What radiologists should know. Clin Radiol 2012; 67: 195-206
- 7 Zimmermann P, Curtis N. Synovitis, acne, pustulosis, hyperostosis, and osteitis (SAPHO) syndrome—A challenging diagnosis not to be missed. J Infect 2016; 72 Suppl S106-14
- 8 Khanna L, El-Khoury GY. SAPHO syndrome – A pictorial assay. Iowa Orthop J 2012; 32: 189-95
- 9 Sweeney SA, Kumar VA, Tayar J, Weber DM, Safdar A, Alonso C. et al. Case 181: Synovitis acne pustulosis hyperostosis osteitis (SAPHO) syndrome. Radiology 2012; 263: 613-7
- 10 Takigawa T, Tanaka M, Nakanishi K, Misawa H, Sugimoto Y, Takahata T. et al. SAPHO syndrome associated spondylitis. Eur Spine J 2008; 17: 1391-7