Subscribe to RSS
Atypical alveolar proteinosis
Subject Editor: Financial support and sponsorship Nil.
Alveolar proteinosis is a rare pulmonary disease characterized by intra-alveolar accumulation of surfactant composed of lipoproteinaceous material, related to a lack of surfactant resorption by alveolar macrophages. Crazy paving pattern is characteristic, but not specific. The multinodular forms of this affection remain exceptional.
26 July 2021 (online)
© 2018. Indian Radiological Association. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Borie R, Danel C, Debray MP, Taille C, Dombret MC, Aubier M. et al. Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis. Eur Respir Rev 2011; 20: 98-107
- 2 Ajmal K, Ritesh A. Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis. Respiratory Care 2011; 56: 1016-28
- 3 Steffen L, Elisabeth B, Hanne V, Ole H. Autoimmune pulmonary alveolar proteinosis: Treatment options in year 2013. Respirology 2013; 18: 82-91
- 4 Samuel HR, Benjamin C, Averill AL. Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis. New Engl J Med 1958; 258: 23
- 5 Holbert JM, Costello P, Li W, Hoffman RM, Rogers RM. CT features of pulmonary alveolar proteinosis. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2001; 176: 1287-94
- 6 Aletta AF, Teri JF, Erinn OC, Tan-Lucien HM, Robert DP, Jeffrey RG. From the archives of the AFIP pulmonary alveolar proteinosis. Radio Graphics 2008; 28: 883-99
- 7 Nosaka S, Murayama M, Morita K, Katsuda K. Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis detected by a nodular lesion on chest computed tomography. Kyobu Geka 2011; 64: 139-41
- 8 Seon JO, Ji YC, Ki YL, Je-Hyeong K, Suk KY. Localized pulmonary alveolar proteinosis: Two case reports. Balkan Med J 2014; 31: 257-60
- 9 Santiago ER, Jeremy JE, Mariano V, Tomas F, Teresa C, Page MM. “Crazy-paving” pattern at thin-section CT of the lungs: Radiologic-pathologic overview. Radio Graphics 2003; 23: 1509-19
- 10 Goldstein LS, Kavuru MS, Curtis-McCarthy P, Howard AC, Carol F, James KS. Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis: Clinical features and outcomes. Chest 1998; 114: 1357-62