Subscribe to RSS
Transilluminating testicular massSource of Support Nil.
Testicular tumor in prepubertal age group is uncommon. Most of the testicular tumors are benign in this age group and present as painless, hard testicular mass. We present a case where a 7 year male child presented to us with painless scrotal swelling, which was cystic and transilluminating, clinically mimicking as hydrocele. On ultrasonography, the mass was solid. Orchidectomy was performed and histopathology revealed mature cystic teratoma.
Article published online:
16 August 2021
© 2011. Indian Society of Medical and Paediatric Oncology. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
A-12, 2nd Floor, Sector 2, Noida-201301 UP, India
- 1 Ross JH, Kay R. Prepubertal testis tumors. Rev Urol 2004;6:11-8.
- 2 Ahmed HU, Arya M, Muneer A, Mustaq I, Sebire NJ. Testicular and paratesticular tumors in the prepubertal population. Lancet Oncol 2010;11:476-83.
- 3 Pohl HG, Shukla AR, Metcalf PD, Cilento BG, Retik AB, Bagli DJ, et al. Prepubertal testis tumors: Actual prevalence rate of histological types. J Urol 2004;172:2370-2.
- 4 Metcalfe PD, Farivar-Mohseni H, Farhat W, McLorie G, Khoury A, Bägli DJ. Pediatric testicular tumors: Contemporary incidence and efficacy of testicular preserving surgery. J Urol 2003;170:2412-5.
- 5 Shukla AR, Woodard C, Carr MC, Huff DS, Canning DA, Zderic SA, et al. Experience with testis sparing surgery for testicular teratoma. J Urol 2004;171:161-3.
- 6 Lin HC, Clark JY. Testicular teratoma presenting as a transilluminating scrotal mass. Urology 2006;67:1290.e3-5.