Thromb Haemost 2017; 117(10): 2006-2007
Letter to the Editor
Role of replacement therapy in the evaluation of thrombosis occurring in congenital bleeding conditionsFinancial support: This study was supported in part by the “Associazione Emofilia ed altre Coagulopatie delle Tre Venezie”.
11 April 2017
11 April 2017
Accepted after major revision: 21 June 2017
28 November 2017 (online)
Comment on Ding et al. Thromb Haemost 2017; 117: 479–490.
- 1 Ding Q, Yang L, Zhao X. et al. Paradoxical bleeding and thrombotic episodes of dysprothrombinaemia due to a homozygous Arg382His mutation. Thromb Haemost 2017; 117: 479-490.
- 2 Kalina U, Bickhard H, Schulte S. Biochemical comparison of seven commercially available prothrombin complex concentrates. Int J Clin Pract 2008; 62: 1614-1622.
- 3 Samama CM. Prothrombin complex concentrates: a brief review. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2008; 25: 784-789.
- 4 Lusher JH. Thrombogenicity associated with factor IX complex concentrates. Semin Hematol 1991; 28: 3-5.
- 5 Girolami A, Ruzzon E, Fabris F. et al. Myocardial infarction and other arterial occlusions in hemophilia a patients. A cardiological evaluation of all 42 cases reported in the literature. Acta Haematol 2006; 116: 120-125.
- 6 Miyawaki Y, Suzuki A, Fujita J. et al. Thrombosis from a prothrombin mutation conveying antithrombin resistance. N Engl J Med 2012; 366: 2390-2396.
- 7 Djordjevic V, Kovac M, Miljic P. et al. A novel prothrombin mutation in two families with prominent thrombophilia – the first cases of antithrombin resistance in a Caucasian population. J Thromb Haemost 2013; 11: 1936-1939.
- 8 Kishimoto M, Suzuki N, Murata M. et al. The first case of antithrombin-resistant prothrombin Belgrade mutation in Japanese. Ann Hematol 2016; 95: 541-542.
- 9 Bulato C, Radu CM, Campello E. et al. New Prothrombin Mutation (Arg596Trp, Prothrombin Padua 2) Associated With Venous Thromboembolism. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2016; 36: 1022-1029.
- 10 Akhavan S, De Cristofaro R, Peyvandi F. et al. Molecular and functional characterization of a natural homozygous Arg67His mutation in the prothrombin gene of a patient with a severe procoagulant defect contrasting with a mild hemorrhagic phenotype. Blood 2002; 100: 1347-1353.
- 11 Henriksen RA, Owen WG, Nesheim ME. et al. Identification of a congenital dysthrombin, thrombin Quick. J Clin Invest 1980; 66: 934-940.
- 12 O’Marcaigh AS, Nichols WL, Hassinger NL. et al. Genetic analysis and functional characterization of prothrombins Corpus Christi (Arg382-Cys), Dhahran (Arg271-His), and hypoprothrombinemia. Blood 1996; 88: 2611-2618.
- 13 Girolami A, Tezza F, Scandellari R. et al. Associated prothrombotic conditions are probably responsible for the occurrence of thrombosis in almost all patients with congenital FVII deficiency. Critical review of the literature. J Thromb Thrombolysis 2010; 30: 172-8.
- 14 Girolami A, Cosi E, Tasinato V. et al. Pulmonary embolism in congenital bleeding disorders: intriguing discrepancies among different clotting factors deficiencies. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 2016; 27: 517-25.
- 15 Girolami A, Bertozzi I, Rigoni I. et al. Congenital FVII deficiency and thrombotic events after replacement therapy. J Thromb Thrombolysis 2011; 32: 362-367.