Thromb Haemost 2017; 117(02): 207-208
Invited Editorial Focus
Switching from ticagrelor to clopidogrel: New answers and further questions
Received:05 December 2016
Received:05 December 2016
Accepted:05 December 2016
13 November 2017 (online)
Invited Editorial Focus on Pourdjabbar et al. Thromb Haemost 2017; 117: 303–310
- 1 Rollini F, Franchi F, Angiolillo DJ.. Switching P2Y12-receptor inhibitors in patients with coronary artery disease. Nat Rev Cardiol 2016; 13: 11-27.
- 2 Wallentin L, Becker RC, Budaj A. et al Ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes. N Engl J Med 2009; 361: 1045-1057.
- 3 Bonaca MP, Bhatt DL, Ophuis TO. et al Long-term Tolerability of Ticagrelor for the Secondary Prevention of Major Adverse Cardiovascular Events A Secondary Analysis of the PEGASUS-TIMI 54 Trial. JAMA Cardiol 2016; 1: 425-432.
- 4 Bagai A, Peterson ED, Honeycutt E. et al. In-hospital switching between adenosine diphosphate receptor inhibitors in patients with acute myocardial infarction treated with percutaneous coronary intervention: Insights into contemporary practice from the TRANSLATE-ACS study. Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care 2015; 04: 499-508.
- 5 Biscaglia S, Campo G, Pavasini R. et al. Occurrence, causes, and outcome after switching from ticagrelor to clopidogrel in a real-life scenario: data from a prospective registry. Platelets 2016; 27: 484-487.
- 6 Angiolillo DJ, Curzen N, Gurbel P. et al. Pharmacodynamic evaluation of switching from ticagrelor to prasugrel in patients with stable coronary artery disease: Results of the SWAP-2 Study (Switching Anti Platelet-2). J Am Coll Cardiol 2014; 63: 1500-1509.
- 7 Franchi F, Faz GT, Rollini F. et al. Pharmacodynamic Effects of Switching From Prasugrel to Ticagrelor: Results of the Prospective, Randomized SWAP-3 Study. JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2016; 09: 1089-1098.
- 8 Rollini F, Franchi F, Cho JR. et al. A head-to-head pharmacodynamic comparison of prasugrel vs. ticagrelor after switching from clopidogrel in patients with coronary artery disease: results of a prospective randomized study. Eur Heart J 2016; 37: 2722-2730.
- 9 Saucedo JF, Angiolillo DJ, DeRaad R. et al. Decrease in high on-treatment platelet reactivity (HPR) prevalence on switching from clopidogrel to prasugrel: insights from the switching anti-platelet (SWAP) study. Thromb Haemost 2013; 109: 347-355.
- 10 Pourdjabbar A, Hibbert B, Chong AY. et al. A randomised study for optimising crossover from ticagrelor to clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndrome. The CAPITAL OPTI-CROSS Study. Thromb Haemost 2017; 117: 303-310.
- 11 Rollini F, Franchi F, Singh K. et al. Impact of timing from blood sampling to pharmacodynamic assessment on measures of platelet reactivity in patients treated with P2Y12 receptor inhibitors. Thromb Haemost 2016; 116: 1060-1069.
- 12 Bhatt DL, Stone GW, Mahaffey KW. et al. Effect of platelet inhibition with cangrelor during PCI on ischemic events. N Engl J Med 2013; 368: 1303-1313.