Thromb Haemost 2011; 106(02): 185-186
Invited Editorial Focus
Atorvastatin and its collateral effects on microparticles
Received: 10 May 2011
Received: 10 May 2011
Accepted after major revision: 17 May 2011
25 November 2017 (online)
- 1 Shantsila E, Kamphuisen PW, Lip GY. Circulating microparticles in cardiovascular disease: implications for atherogenesis and atherothrombosis. J Thromb Haemost 2010; 8: 2358-2368.
- 2 Auwerda JJ, Yuana Y, Osanto S. et al. Microparticle-associated tissue factor activity and venous thrombosis in multiple myeloma. Thromb Haemost 2011; 105: 14-20.
- 3 Huisse MG, Ajzenberg N, Feldman L. et al. Microparticle-linked tissue factor activity and increased thrombin activity play a potential role in fibrinolysis failure in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Thromb Haemost 2009; 101: 734-740.
- 4 van Tits LJ, van Heerde WL, Landburg PP. et al. Plasma annexin A5 and microparticle phosphatidylserine levels are elevated in sickle cell disease and increase further during painful crisis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2009; 390: 161-164.
- 5 Tramontano AF, Lyubarova R, Tsiakos J. et al. Circulating endothelial microparticles in diabetes mellitus. Mediators Inflamm 2010; 2010: 250476.
- 6 Tantawy AA, Matter RM, Hamed AA. et al. Platelet microparticles in immune thrombocytopenic purpura in pediatrics. Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2010; 27: 283-296.
- 7 Leroyer AS, Anfosso F, Lacroix R. et al. Endothelial-derived microparticles: Biological conveyors at the crossroad of inflammation, thrombosis and angiogenesis. Thromb Haemost 2010; 104: 456-463.
- 8 Chen YW, Chen JK, Wang JS. Strenuous exercise promotes shear-induced thrombin generation by increasing the shedding of procoagulant microparticles from platelets. Thromb Haemost 2010; 104: 293-301.
- 9 Mullier F, Bailly N, Cornet Y. et al. Contribution of platelet microparticles generation assay to the diagnosis of type II heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. Thromb Haemost 2010; 103: 1277-1281.
- 10 Morel O, Toti F, Hugel B. et al. Cellular microparticles: a disseminated storage pool of bioactive vascular effectors. Curr Opin Hematol 2004; 11: 156-164.
- 11 Tramontano AF, O’Leary J, Black AD. et al. Statin decreases endothelial microparticle release from human coronary artery endothelial cells: implication for the Rho-kinase pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2004; 320: 4-38.
- 12 Diamant M, Tushuizen ME, Abid-Hussein MN. et al. Simvastatin-induced endothelial cell detachment and microparticle release are prenylation dependent. Thromb Haemost 2008; 100: 489-497.
- 13 Tehrani S, Mobarrez F, Antovic A. et al. Atorvastatin has antithrombotic effects in patients with type 1 diabetes and dyslipidemia. Thromb Res 2010; 126: e225-231.
- 14 Makin AJ, Chung NA, Silverman SH. et al. Indices of thrombogenesis, endothelial damage and platelet function following percutaneous peripheral artery angiography and angioplasty for peripheral vascular disease. Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 2003; 33: 102-108.
- 15 von Hundelshausen P, Weber C. Platelets as immune cells: bridging inflammation and vascular disease. Circ Res 2007; 100: 27-40.
- 16 Alkhatatbeh MJ, Mhaidat NM, Enjeti AK. et al. The putative diabetic plasma marker, soluble CD36, is non-cleaved, non-soluble and entirely associated with microparticles. J Thromb Haemost 2011; 9: 844-851.
- 17 Mobarrez F, He S, Bröijersen A. et al. Atorvastatin reduces thrombin generation and expression of tissue factor, P-selectin and GPIIIa on platelet-derived microparticles in patients with peripheral arterial occlusive disease. Thromb Haemost 2011; 106: 344-352.
- 18 Undas A, Kaczmarek P, Sladek K. et al. Fibrin clot properties are altered in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Beneficial effects of simvastatin treatment. Thromb Haemost 2009; 102: 1176-1182.
- 19 Varughese GI, Patel JV, Lip GY. et al. Novel concepts of statin therapy for cardiovascular risk reduction in hypertension. Curr Pharm Des 2006; 12: 1593-1609.
- 20 Fu Y, Zhou J, Li H. et al. Daunorubicin induces procoagulant activity of cultured endothelial cells through phosphatidylserine exposure and microparticles release. Thromb Haemost. 2010; 104: 1235-1241.
- 21 Connor DE, Exner T, Ma DD. et al. The majority of circulating platelet-derived microparticles fail to bind annexin V, lack phospholipid-dependent procoagulant activity and demonstrate greater expression of glycoprotein Ib. Thromb Haemost 2010; 103: 1044-1052.