Subscribe to RSS
Please copy the URL and add it into your RSS Feed Reader.https://www.thieme-connect.de/rss/thieme/en/10.1055-s-00035024.xml
Thromb Haemost 2007; 97(05): 862-865
Late thrombosis of a drug-eluting stent during combined anti-platelet therapy in a clopidogrel nonresponsive diabetic patient: Shall we routinely test platelet function ?
17 January 2007
17 January 2007
Accepted after revision 05 March 2007
24 November 2017 (online)
- 1 Hodgson J, Stone GW, Lincoff AM. et al. Late stent thrombosis: considerations and practical advice for the use of drug-eluting stents: a report from the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions drugeluting stent task force. Cath Cardiovasc Interv 2007; 69: 327-333.
- 2 Barragan P, Bouvier J-L, Roquebert P-O. et al. Resistance to thienopyridines: clinical detection of coronary stent thrombosis by monitoring of vasodilatorstimulated phosphoprotein phoshorylation. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2003; 59: 295-302.
- 3 Agarwal S, Coakley M, Reddy K. et al. Quantifying the effect of antiplatelet therapy: a comparison of the platelet function analyzer (PFA-100) and modified thromboelastography (mTEG) with light transmission platelet aggregometry. Anesthesiology 2006; 105: 676-683.
- 4 Mani H, Linnemann B, Luxembourg B. et al. Response to aspirin and clopidogrel monitored with different platelet function methods. Platelets 2006; 17: 303-310.
- 5 O'Donoghue M, Wiviott SD. Clopidogrel response variability and future therapies: clopidogrel: does one size fit all?. Circulation 2006; 114: e600-e606.
- 6 Schwarz UR, Geiger J, Walter U. et al. Flow cytometry analysis of intracellular VASP phosphorylation for the assessment of activating and inhibitory signal transduction pathways in human platelets. Thromb Haemost 1999; 82: 1145-11.
- 7 Grossmann R, Sokolova O, Schnurr A. et al. Variable extent of clopidogrel responsiveness in patients after coronary stenting. Thromb Haemost 2004; 92: 1201-1206.
- 8 Gurbel PA, Bliden KP, Guyer K. et al. Platelet reactivity in patients and recurrent events post-stenting: results of the PREPARE POST-STENTING study. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005; 46: 1820-1826.
- 9 The Clopidogrel in Unstable Angina to Prevent Recurrent Events Trial Investigators. Effects of clopidogrel in addition to aspirin in patients with acute coronary syndromes without ST-segment elevation. N Engl J Med 2001; 345: 494-502.
- 10 A randomised, blinded, trial of clopidogrel versus aspirin in patients at risk of ischaemic events (CAPRIE). CAPRIE Steering Committee. Lancet 1996; 348: 1329-1339.
- 11 Smith SC Jr, Feldman TE, Hirshfeld Jr JW. et al. ACC/AHA/SCAI 2005 guideline update for percutaneous coronary intervention--summary article: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (ACC/AHA/SCAI Writing Committee to Update the 2001 Guidelines for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention). Circulation 2006; 113: 156-175.
- 12 Muller I, Besta F, Schulz C. et al. Prevalence of clopidogrel non-responders among patients with stable angina pectoris scheduled for elective coronary stent placement. Thromb Haemost 2003; 89: 783-787.
- 13 Gurbel PA, Bliden KP, Hiatt BL. et al. Clopidogrel for coronary stenting: response variability, drug resistance, and the effect of pretreatment platelet reactivity. Circulation 2003; 107: 2908-2913.
- 14 Cattaneo M. Aspirin and clopidogrel: efficacy, safety, and the issue of drug resistance. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2004; 24: 1980-1987.
- 15 Matetzky S, Shenkman B, Guetta V. et al. Clopidogrel resistance is associated with increased risk of recurrent atherothrombotic events in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Circulation 2004; 109: 3171-3175.
- 16 Siller-Matula J, Schrör K, Wojta J. et al. Thienopyridines in cardiovascular disease: focus on clopidogrel resistance. Thromb Haemost 2007; 97: 385-393.
- 17 Gurbel PA, Bliden KP, Samara W. et al. Clopidogrel effect on platelet reactivity in patients with stent thrombosis: results of the CREST Study. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005; 46: 1827-1832.
- 18 Wenaweser P, Dorffler-Melly J, Imboden K. et al. Stent thrombosis is associated with an impaired response to antiplatelet therapy. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005; 45: 1748-1752.
- 19 Glowczynska R, Malek LA, Spiewak M. et al. Clinical, biochemical and genetical resistance to clopidogrel in a patient with the recurrent coronary stent thrombosis--a case report and review of the literature. Int J Cardiol 2006; 111: 326-328.
- 20 Cuisset T, Frere C, Quilici J. et al. Benefit of a 600-mg loading dose of clopidogrel on platelet reactiv- ity and clinical outcomes in patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome undergoing coronary stenting. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006; 48: 1339-1345.
- 21 Cuisset T, Frere C, Quilici J. et al. High post-treatment platelet reactivity is associated with a high incidence of myonecrosis after stenting for non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes. Thromb Haemost 2007; 97: 282-287.
- 22 Iakovou I, Schmidt T, Bonizzoni E. et al. Incidence, predictors, and outcome of thrombosis after successful implantation of drug-eluting stents. J Am Med Assoc 2005; 293: 2126-2130.
- 23 Ong AT, McFadden EP, Regar E. et al. Late angiographic stent thrombosis (LAST) events with drugeluting stents. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005; 45: 2088-2092.
- 24 Wenaweser P, Tsuchida K, Vaina S. et al. Late stent thrombosis following drug-eluting stent implantation: data from a large, two-institutional cohort study. Eur Heart J 2006; 1012 Abstract
- 25 Daemen J, Sianos G, Garcia-Garcia HM. et al. Do sirolimus-eluting stents remain superior to bare metal stents in patients with acute myocardial infarction after 3 years of follow-up? Insights into the RESEARCH registry. Eur Heart J Abstract 2006; 4866 Abstract
- 26 Kotani Ji, Awata M, Nanto S. et al. Incomplete neointimal coverage of sirolimus-eluting stents: angioscopic findings. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006; 47: 2108-2111.
- 27 Togni M, Windecker S, Cocchia R. et al. Sirolimuseluting stents associated with paradoxic coronary vasoconstriction. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005; 46: 231-236.
- 28 Kim JW, Choi CU, Kim ES. et al. Long-term coronary endothelial dysfunction associated with drug eluting stenting. Circulation 2006; 114 (Suppl II) II-453 Abstract
- 29 Joner M, Finn AV, Farb A. et al. Pathology of drugeluting stents in humans: delayed healing and late thrombotic risk. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006; 48: 193-202.
- 30 Henderson D, Gunalingam B. Very late stent thrombosis of a sirolimus-eluting stent. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2006; 68: 406-408.
- 31 Gurbel PA, Tantry US. Aspirin and clopidogrel resistance: consideration and management. J Interv Cardiol 2006; 19: 439-448.
- 32 Pampuch A, Cerletti C, de Gaetano G. Comparison of VASP-phosphorylation assay to light-transmission aggregometry in assessing inhibition of the platelet ADP P2Y12 receptor. Thromb Haemost 2006; 96: 767-773.
- 33 Hochholzer W, Trenk D, Bestehorn HP. et al. Impact of the degree of peri-interventional platelet inhibition after loading with clopidogrel on early clinical outcome of elective coronary stent placement. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006; 48: 1742-1750.
- 34 Angiolillo DJ, Shoemaker SB, Desai B. et al. Randomized Comparison of a High Clopidogrel Maintenance Dose in Patients With Diabetes Mellitus and Coronary Artery Disease. Results of the Optimizing Antiplatelet Therapy in Diabetes Mellitus (OPTIMUS) Study. Circulation 2007; 115: 708-716.
- 35 Storey RF, Harrington RA, Husted S. et al. AZD6140 yields additional suppression of platelet aggregation in patients with acute coronary syndromes previously treated with clopidogrel. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006; 47 (Suppl. 01) (Suppl) 204A
- 36 Storey RF, Husted S, Harrington RA. et al. AZD6140 yields greater inhibition of platelet aggregation than clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes without previous clopidogrel treatment. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006; 47 (Suppl. 01) (Suppl) 204A
- 37 Brandt JT, Payne CD, Wiviott SD. et al. A comparison of prasugrel and clopidogrel loading doses on platelet function: magnitude of platelet inhibition is related to active metabolite formation. Am Heart J 2007; 153 66: e9-16.