Thromb Haemost 2006; 96(01): 100-101
Letters to the Editor
Analysis of thrombotic factors in severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) patientsFinancial support: This study was supported in part by The Dutch Thrombosis Foundation (grant 20023), Natural Science Foundation of Shandong (grant Y2003C01) and National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC grant 30300395).
28 December 2005
28 December 2005
Accepted after resubmission 17 May 2006
29 November 2017 (online)
* These authors contributed equally.
- 1 Ng KH. et al. Pulmonary artery thrombosis ina patient with severe acute respiratory syndrome. Postgrad Med J 2005; 81: e3.
- 2 Wu YP. et al. SARS in Hong Kong. N Engl J Med 2003; 349: 708-9.
- 3 Lang ZW. et al. A clinicopathological study of three cases of SARS. Pathology 2003; 35: 526-31.
- 4 Rezaie AR. Vitronectin functions as a cofactor for rapid inhibition of activated proteinC by plasminogen activator inhibitor-1. Implications for the mechanism of profibrinolytic action of activated protein C. J Biol Chem 2001; 276: 15567-70.
- 5 World Health Organization (WHO). Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). Wkly Epidemiol Rec 2003; 78: 81-3.
- 6 Muller MP. et al. Can routine laboratory tests discriminate between severe acute respiratory syndrome and other causes of community-acquired pneumonia?. Clin Infect Dis 2005; 40: 1079-86.
- 7 Greiner M. Two-graph receiver operating characteristic (TG-ROC): update version supports optimisation of cut-off values that minimise overall misclassification costs. J Immunol Methods 1996; 191: 93-4.
- 8 CMDT Users Manual. Institute for Parasitology and Tropical Veterinary Medicine. Freie Universität; Berlin, Germany: Available by e-mail: [email protected]
- 9 Henderson AR. Assessing test accuracy and its clinical consequences: a primer for receiver operating characteristic curve analysis. Ann Clin Biochem 1993; 30: 521-39.
- 10 Tang BS. et al. Comparative host gene transcription by microarray analysis early after infection of the Huh7 cell line by SARScoronavirus and human coronavirus 229E. J Virol 2005; 79: 6180-93.
- 11 Wada H. et al. High plasma fibrinogen level is associated with poor clinical outcome in DIC patients. Am J Hematol 2003; 72: 1-7.
- 12 Lijnen HR. Pleiotropic functions of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1. J Thromb Haemost 2005; 03: 35-45.
- 13 Chavakis T. et al. Inhibition of platelet adhesion and aggregation bya defined region (Gly-486-Lys-502) of high molecular weight kininogen. J Biol Chem 2002; 26: 23157-64.
- 14 Reheman A. et al. Vitronectin stabilizes thrombi and vessel occlusion but plays a dual role in platelet aggregation. J Thromb Haemost 2005; 03: 875-83.
- 15 Wu YP. et al. Fibrin-incorporated vitronectin is involved in platelet adhesion and thrombus formation through homotypic interactions with platelet-associated vitronectin. Blood 2004; 104: 1034-41.