Subscribe to RSS
Rare case of Left Ventricular HemangiomaFunding None.
Cardiac tumors are rare in occurrence. Among them, primary cardiac tumors that too hemangiomas are further rare. They usually are asymptomatic and are detected incidentally. Preoperative diagnosis may not correlate with histopathologic diagnosis. We report such a rare case of left ventricular hemangioma presented to us with vague chest discomfort, which preoperatively was suspected to be rhabdomyoma or fibroma.
Article published online:
01 June 2022
© 2022. Official Publication of The Simulation Society (TSS), accredited by International Society of Cardiovascular Ultrasound (ISCU). This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
A-12, 2nd Floor, Sector 2, Noida-201301 UP, India
- 1 Basso C, Valente M, Poletti A, Casarotto D, Thiene G. Surgical pathology of primary cardiac and pericardial tumors. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 1997; 12 (05) 730-737 , discussion 737–738
- 2 Cooley DA. Surgical treatment of cardiac neoplasms: 32-year experience. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1990; 38 (Suppl. 02) 176-182
- 3 Xu H, Li W, Teng P, Ni Y. Cardiac haemangioma with coronary-pulmonary artery fistula in one patient. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2015; 47 (02) e77-e79
- 4 Garg N, Kapur KK, Ganjoo A, Kaul S. Case report: a rare case of pedunculated LV hemangioma evaluated by 3D echocardiography and compared with myxoma. Echocardiography 2016; 33 (10) 1608-1610
- 5 Li W, Teng P, Xu H, Ma L, Ni Y. Cardiac hemangioma: a comprehensive analysis of 200 cases. Ann Thorac Surg 2015; 99 (06) 2246-2252
- 6 Kipfer B, Englberger L, Stauffer E, Carrel T. Rare presentation of cardiac hemangiomas. Ann Thorac Surg 2000; 70 (03) 977-979
- 7 Kober G, Magedanz A, Mohrs O. et al. Non-invasive diagnosis of a pedunculated left ventricular hemangioma: tumor classification and evaluation of relevant literature. Clin Res Cardiol 2007; 96 (04) 227-231
- 8 Brizard C, Latremouille C, Jebara VA. et al. Cardiac hemangiomas. Ann Thorac Surg 1993; 56 (02) 390-394