Subscribe to RSS
The Impact of Homeopathy
During the past 4 years, Homeopathy has consistently retained its annual journal impact factor (JIF) in the region of 1.5, which followed a period of several years during which the average was about 1.0. A temporary loss of JIF in 2015 was evidently caused by an overly high number of citations to the journal coming from articles published in Homeopathy itself (known as the self-citation rate). It is relevant to note the types of non-Homeopathy journal article whose citations to our journal contribute currently to its JIF. A number of our most familiar authors have cited Homeopathy papers in their recently published articles: for example, those in Scientific Reports, PLoS One, Aquaculture Research, Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, and Schweizer Archiv für Tierheilkunde. Authors working outside the field of homeopathy have most frequently cited our journal on the subject of nanoparticles, in periodicals such as Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry, Molecules, Dose-Response, and Physical Chemistry Research. Apart from merely noting the rich mix of journals that reflect Homeopathy's own diverse range of scientific topics, we shall be monitoring how these citation trends progress over the next few years, providing an indicator of homeopathy's—and the journal's—impact in the wider world of science.
The current issue's diversity of articles comprises studies on the comparative effectiveness of Traumeel S for inflammatory complications of wisdom-tooth extraction surgery, defining the symptomatic homeopathic characteristics of mild and moderate coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Spain, the bioresilience to mercury chloride of brine shrimp after treatment with homeopathic Mercurius corrosivus, the effect of nosodes on parasitism of lettuce plants by nematodes, the preparation and standardization of specified bacterial and fungal nosodes, and a large clinical case series of patients with acne. This issue is completed by two Hypothesis articles that are based respectively on the topics of quantum electrodynamics and of chromosomal structure,  and by a personal reflection on contemporary homeopathy by Dr. Steven Kayne, former Pharmacy Dean of the Faculty of Homeopathy. The extent of these various contributions' impact on citations to Homeopathy will be seen over the course of time.
* Editor, Homeopathy.
08 November 2021 (online)
© 2021. Faculty of Homeopathy. This article is published by Thieme.
Georg Thieme Verlag KG
Rüdigerstraße 14, 70469 Stuttgart, Germany
- 1 Kokornaczyk MO, Würtenberger S, Baumgartner S. Impact of succussion on pharmaceutical preparations analyzed by means of patterns from evaporated droplets. Sci Rep 2020; 10: 570
- 2 López-Carvallo JA, Mazón-Suástegui JM, Hernández-Oñate MÁ. et al. Transcriptome analysis of Catarina scallop (Argopecten ventricosus) juveniles treated with highly-diluted immunomodulatory compounds reveals activation of non-self-recognition system. PLoS One 2020; 15: e0233064
- 3 Mazón-Suástegui JM, López-Carvallo JA, Rodriguez-Jaramillo C, Garcia-Corona JL, Arcos-Ortega GF, Abasolo-Pacheco F. Ultra-diluted bioactive compounds enhance energy storage and oocyte quality during gonad conditioning of Pacific calico scallop Argopecten ventricosus (Sowerby II, 1842). Aquacult Res 2021; 52: 1490-1500
- 4 Tournier A, Würtenberger S, Klein SD, Baumgartner S. Physicochemical investigations of homeopathic preparations: a systematic review and bibliometric analysis—Part 3. J Altern Complement Med 2021; 27: 45-57
- 5 Weiermayer P, Frass M, Peinbauer T, Ellinger L. Evidence-based homeopathy and veterinary homeopathy, and its potential to help overcome the anti-microbial resistance problem—an overview. Schweiz Arch Tierheilkd 2020; 162: 597-615
- 6 Mozhayeva D, Engelhard C. A critical review of single particle inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry—a step towards an ideal method for nanomaterial characterization. J Anal At Spectrom 2020; 35: 1740-1783
- 7 Chandra H, Singh C, Kumari P. et al. Promising roles of alternative medicine and plant-based nanotechnology as remedies for urinary tract infections. Molecules 2020; 25: 5593
- 8 Floris I, Rose T, Rojas JAC, Appel K, Roesch C, Lejeune B. Pro-inflammatory cytokines at ultra-low dose exert anti-inflammatory effect in vitro: a possible mode of action involving sub-micron particles?. Dose Response 2020; 18: 1559325820961723
- 9 Darvishi-Ganji K, Mirzajani F, Aliahmadi A, Fakhari-Zavareh A, Ghassempour A. Silver nanoparticle trypsin corona formation and the impacts on enzymatic potency. Phys Chem Res 2020; 8: 241-250
- 10 de Souza GM, Fernandes IA, Pinheiro MLP, Falci SGM. Comparative effectiveness of the homeopathic preparation Traumeel S in third molar extraction surgery: a preliminary triple-blind clinical trial. Homeopathy 2021; 110: 229-235
- 11 Clapers ML, Velat M, Clapers JM, Vidal-Jové J, Mora J. Analysis of Homeopathic Genus Epidemicus for COVID-19 patients in Spain. Homeopathy 2021; 110: 236-243
- 12 Pinto AAG, Nagai MYO, Coimbra EN. et al. Bioresilience to mercury chloride of the brine shrimp Artemia salina after treatment with homeopathic Mercurius corrosivus . Homeopathy 2021; 110: 244-255
- 13 Ferreira TM, Mangeiro MZ, Almeida AM, Almeida RN, Souza RM. Effect of nosodes on lettuce, parasitized or not by Meloidogyne enterolobii . Homeopathy 2021; 110: 256-262
- 14 Munshi R, Talele G, Shah R. In-vitro evaluation of antimicrobial activities of Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Salmonella typhi, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, and Candida albicans nosodes. Homeopathy 2021; 110: 263-270
- 15 Nwabudike LC. Individualised homeopathic treatment of acne—An analysis of 83 patients. Homeopathy 2021; 110: 271-276
- 16 Maity T, Mahata CR. Succussed serial dilutions in water carry solute information via solute-specific water structures—A theory based on quantum electrodynamics. Homeopathy 2021; 110: 277-282
- 17 Teixeira MZ. Telomere and telomerase: biological markers of organic vital force state and homeopathic treatment effectiveness. Homeopathy 2021; 110: 283-291
- 18 Kayne S. Homeopathy in the 21st century, and comparisons with Hahnemann. Homeopathy 2021; 110: 292-302