Subscribe to RSS
Papillary Carcinoma: A Rare Cause of Cutaneous Lesion on Dorsum of Nose
The skin of the nose is a common site for various benign and malignant lesions. Herein, we report a cutaneous nodular lesion on the dorsum of the nose in an 80-year-old female, which was surgically excised under local anesthesia. On histopathological examination, she was diagnosed with papillary carcinoma, a very rare disorder at such a location. The patient was followed-up and no recurrence was noted.
The study followed the ethical guidelines of the Declaration of Helsinki. Written informed consent was taken from the patient for publication in the journal.
Article published online:
05 November 2021
© 2021. National Academy of Medical Sciences (India). This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
A-12, 2nd Floor, Sector 2, Noida-201301 UP, India
- 1 Sand M, Sand D, Thrandorf C, Paech V, Altmeyer P, Bechara FG. Cutaneous lesions of the nose. Head Face Med 2010; 6: 7
- 2 Duke WH, Sherrod TT, Lupton GP. Aggressive digital papillary adenocarcinoma (aggressive digital papillary adenoma and adenocarcinoma revisited). Am J Surg Pathol 2000; 24 (06) 775-784
- 3 Gorva AD, Mohil R, Srinivasan MS. Aggressive digital papillary adenocarcinoma presenting as a paronychia of the finger. J Hand Surg [Br] 2005; 30 (05) 534
- 4 Suchak R, Wang W-L, Prieto VG. et al. Cutaneous digital papillary adenocarcinoma: a clinicopathologic study of 31 cases of a rare neoplasm with new observations. Am J Surg Pathol 2012; 36 (12) 1883-1891
- 5 Bryant JR, Gardner P, Yousif M, Pui JC, Hajjar RT, Haass EA. Aggressive digital papillary adenocarcinoma of the hand presenting as a felon. Case Rep Orthop 2017; 2017: 6456342
- 6 Kao GF, Helwig EB, Graham JH. Aggressive digital papillary adenoma and adenocarcinoma. A clinicopathological study of 57 patients, with histochemical, immunopathological, and ultrastructural observations. J Cutan Pathol 1987; 14 (03) 129-146
- 7 Malafa MP, McKesey P, Stone S, Dudley-Walker S, Cockerell CJ. Sentinel node biopsy for staging of aggressive digital papillary adenocarcinoma. Dermatol Surg 2000; 26 (06) 580-583
- 8 Kantrow SM, Stumph JF, Zanolli MD, Wright JEA. A 46-year-old man with an enlarging finger nodule. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2005; 129 (08) e179-e180