Subscribe to RSS
Prosthodontic Management of Single Anterior Missing Tooth with Immediate Loading Implant Using Leukocyte-Platelet-Rich Fibrin
Immediate loading of dental implant in the anterior tooth region has been a growing trend and eliminates the compromised esthetics, function, discomfort, and inconvenience associated with traditional two-stage implant procedures. This case report presents the clinical application of implant placement with immediate loading using leukocyte-platelet-rich fibrin (L-PRF) in the anterior esthetic region.The implant was planned to rehabilitate in the anterior missing tooth region. As per the patient’s desire, the implant was immediately loaded and L-PRF membrane was placed around the implant under local anesthesia on the day of surgery.The use of L-PRF for the maintenance of crestal bone and soft tissue at the implant sites provided an adequate clinical condition for better esthetics.
29 July 2021 (online)
© 2021. Bhojia Dental College and Hospital affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
A-12, 2nd Floor, Sector 2, Noida-201301 UP, India
- 1 Attard NJ, Zarb GA. Immediate and early implant loading protocols: a literature review of clinical studies. J Prosthet Dent 2005; 94 (03) 242-258
- 2 Szmukler-Moncler S, Salama H, Reingewirtz Y, Dubruille JH. Timing of loading and effect of micromotion on bone-dental implant interface: review of experimental literature. J Biomed Mater Res 1998; 43 (02) 192-203
- 3 Siddiqui AA, O’Neal R, Nummikoski P. et al. Immediate loading of single-tooth restorations: one-year prospective results. J Oral Implantol 2008; 34 (04) 208-218
- 4 Ericsson I, Nilson H, Lindh T, Nilner K, Randow K. Immediate functional loading of Brånemark single tooth implants. An 18 months’ clinical pilot follow-up study. Clin Oral Implants Res 2000; 11 (01) 26-33
- 5 Ariano V, Mancini M, Cardi A, Condò R, Cerroni L, Pasquantonio G. Immediate Nonfunctional Loading of Two Single-Maxillary Postextractive Implants: 6-Year Postloading Results of Two Case Reports. Case Reports in Dentistry.. London, UK: Hindawi Publishing Corporation 2016; 1-7
- 6 Lindeboom JA, Frenken JW, Dubois L, Frank M, Abbink I, Kroon FH. Immediate loading versus immediate provisionalization of maxillary single-tooth replacements: a prospective randomized study with BioComp implants. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2006; 64 (06) 936-942
- 7 Marenzi G, Riccitiello F, Tia M, di Lauro A, Sammartino G. Influence of leukocyte- and platelet-rich fibrin (L-PRF) in the healing of simple postextraction sockets: a split-mouth study. BioMed Res Int 2015; 2015: 369273
- 8 Dohan DM, Choukroun J, Diss A. et al. Platelet-rich fibrin (PRF): a second-generation platelet concentrate. Part I: technological concepts and evolution. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2006; 101 (03) e37-e44
- 9 Miron RJ, Fujioka-Kobayashi M, Bishara M, Zhang Y, Hernandez M, Choukroun J. Platelet-rich fibrin and soft tissue wound healing: a systematic review. Tissue Eng Part B Rev 2017; 23 (01) 83-99
- 10 Fujioka-Kobayashi M, Miron RJ, Hernandez M, Kandalam U, Zhang Y, Choukroun J. Optimized platelet-rich fibrin with the low-speed concept: growth factor release, biocompatibility, and cellular response. J Periodontol 2017; 88 (01) 112-121
- 11 S. Medikeri R, Meharwade V, M. Wate P, V. Lele S. Effect of PRF and allograft use on immediate implants at extraction sockets with periapical infection -clinical and cone beam CT findings. Bull Tokyo Dent Coll 2018; 59 (02) 97-109
- 12 Cortese A, Pantaleo G, Borri A, Caggiano M, Amato M. Platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) in implant dentistry in combination with new bone regenerative technique in elderly patients. Int J Surg Case Rep 2016; 28: 52-56
- 13 Sehgal M, Puri L, Yadav S. et al. Immediate dental implants enriched with L-PRF in the esthetic zone. Case Rep Dent 2018; 2018: 9867402
- 14 Cui A, Zhou J, Mudalal M. et al. Soft tissue regeneration around immediate implant placement utilizing a platelet-rich fibrin membrane and without tightly flap closure: two case reports. Medicine (Baltimore 2020; 99 (40) e22507