Subscribe to RSS
Is Homeopathy More Effective Now Than a Hundred Years Ago?
During the past century, the amount of information about homeopathic medicines has grown dramatically. However, the recent coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic has shown that homeopathic practitioners do not use more medicines than a century ago and they seem to use less symptoms to find the proper medicine. This could be explained by the fact that the more than a hundred years old repertory was flawed from the beginning and that more information in the repertory leads the practitioner astray in an increasingly complex labyrinth of data.
This can be resolved by applying modern data management techniques based on systematic collection of treatment data and statistical analysis of the data. Homeopathic practitioners should collect these data avoiding bias. This requires additional training of practitioners, which should also result in a higher scientific level of homeopathic practice and increasingly effective treatment as the database grows.
02 July 2021 (online)
© 2021. Thieme. All rights reserved.
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
A-12, 2nd Floor, Sector 2, Noida-201301 UP, India
- 1 Diaz-Saez G, Deigat F. ¿Cuántos medicamentos homeopáticos diferentes hacen falta? Análisis de las cepas y diluciones prescritas en España en un año. Rev Precribo Homeopatia 2013(04):
- 2 To KLA, Fok YYY. Homeopathic clinical features of 18 patients in COVID-19 outbreaks in Hong Kong. Homeopathy 2020; 109 (03) 146-162
- 3 Rutten L, Smedley T, Ives G. et al. Data collection during the COVID-19 pandemic: learning from experience, resulting in a Bayesian repertory. Homeopathy 2021; 110 (02) 94-101
- 4 Manchanda RK, Miglani A, Gupta M. et al. Homeopathic remedies in Covid-19: prognostic factor research. Homeopathy 2020; efirst published April 21; 2021
- 5 Rutten ALB, Stolper CF, Lugten RFG, Barthels RWJM. Repertory and likelihood ratio: time for structural changes. Homeopathy 2004; 93 (03) 120-124 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15287430 . Accessed June 19, 2021
- 6 https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/latest-evidence/clinical . Accessed June 19, 2021
- 7 Lechien JR, Chiesa-Estomba CM, Place S. et al; COVID-19 Task Force of YO-IFOS. Clinical and epidemiological characteristics of 1420 European patients with mild-to-moderate coronavirus disease 2019. J Intern Med 2020; 288 (03) 335-344
- 8 Jethani B, Gupta M, Wadhwani P. et al. Clinical characteristics and remedy profiles of patients with COVID-19: a retrospective cohort study. Homeopathy 2021; 110 (02) 86-93
- 9 Manchanda RK, Miglani A, Chakraborty M. et al. Impact of bias in data collection of COVID 19 cases. Homeopathy , In press
- 10 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias . Accessed June 21, 2021
- 11 Rutten L. Homeopathy deserves its own scientific identity. Homœopathic Links 2020; 33 (01) 24-32