Subscribe to RSS
Covering Ileal Loop without Ostomy: A New Approach to Bring Down the Enterostomy-Related Morbidity
Ileostomy is a commonly performed procedure for colon surgeries and the following emergency small or large bowel resection and anastomosis. We proposed a successful new technique of covering ileal loop without opening it, to decrease the stoma and reversal-related complications.
16 June 2021 (online)
© 2021. Medical and Surgical Update Society. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
A-12, 2nd Floor, Sector 2, Noida-201301 UP, India
- 1 Abegg RM, Brokelman W, van IP Bebber, Bosscha K, Prins HA, Lips DJ. Results of construction of protective loop ileostomies and reversal surgery for colorectal surgery. Eur Surg Res 2014; 52 (01/02) 63-72
- 2 Amin SN, Memon MA, Armitage NC, Scholefield JH. Defunctioning loop ileostomy and stapled side-to-side closure has low morbidity. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2001; 83 (04) 246-249
- 3 Chen F, Stuart M. The morbidity of defunctioning stomata. Aust N Z J Surg 1996; 66 (04) 218-221
- 4 Robertson JP, Puckett J, Vather R, Jaung R, Bissett I. Early closure of temporary loop ileostomies: a systematic review. Ostomy Wound Manage 2015; 61 (05) 50-57
- 5 Chun LJ, Haigh PI, Tam MS, Abbas MA. Defunctioning loop ileostomy for pelvic anastomoses: predictors of morbidity and nonclosure. Dis Colon Rectum 2012; 55 (02) 167-174
- 6 Oliveira L, Reissman P, Nogueras J, Wexner SD. Laparoscopic creation of stomas. Surg Endosc 1997; 11 (01) 19-23
- 7 Miccini M, Amore S Bonapasta, Gregori M, Barillari P, Tocchi A. Ghost ileostomy: real and potential advantages. Am J Surg 2010; 200 (04) e55-e57
- 8 Cerroni M, Cirocchi R, Morelli U. et al. Ghost ileostomy with or without abdominal parietal split. World J Surg Oncol 2011; 9: 92
- 9 Mori L, Vita M, Razzetta F, Meinero P, D’Ambrosio G. Ghost ileostomy in anterior resection for rectal carcinoma: is it worthwhile?. Dis Colon Rectum 2013; 56 (01) 29-34