Noncomplicated Surgical Removal of Fractured Maxillary Central Incisor from Lower Lip and Its Reattachment: A Case Report
Traumatic injuries to maxillary anterior teeth while playing are common in children and adolescents. Sequelae of such trauma include broken, lost, aspirated, and swallowed tooth. At times, the broken tooth fragments get embedded in the adjoining soft tissue and frequently get neglected during diagnosis. The present case report discusses the case of a 13-year-old adolescent who had broken tooth fragment emerged in the lower lip and its surgical excision to prevent detrimental reactions and scarring.
06. Juli 2021 (online)
© 2021. Bhojia Dental College and Hospital affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
A-12, 2nd Floor, Sector 2, Noida-201301 UP, India
- 1 Agarwal A, Rehani U, Rana V, Gambhir N. Tooth fragment embedded in the upper lip after dental trauma: a case report presenting an immediate diagnostic approach and complete rehabilitation. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 2013; 31 (01) 52-55
- 2 Pandey R, Gupta R, Bhagat N. Tooth fragment embedded in lower lip following trauma. Int J Oral Health Sci 2017; 7 (02) 105-107
- 3 Marwaha M, Bansal K, Srivastava A, Maheshwari N. Surgical retrieval of tooth fragment from lower lip and reattachment after 6 months of trauma. Int J Clin Pediatr Dent 2015; 8 (02) 145-148
- 4 Nagaveni NB, Umashankara KV. Tooth fragment embedded in the lower lip for 10 months following dentoalveolar trauma: a case report with literature review. Burns Trauma 2014; 2 (03) 141-145
- 5 Simonsen RJ. Restoration of a fractured central incisor using original tooth fragment. J Am Dent Assoc 1982; 105 (04) 646-648
- 6 Taguchi CM, Bernardon JK, Zimmermann G, Baratieri LN. Tooth fragment reattachment: a case report. Oper Dent 2015; 40 (03) 227-234
- 7 David J, Astrøm AN, Wang NJ. Factors associated with traumatic dental injuries among 12-year-old schoolchildren in South India. Dent Traumatol 2009; 25 (05) 500-505
- 8 Barua P, Chaudhary S, Kaur H, Mallikarjuna R. Treatment imprudence leading to missed tooth fragment. BMJ Case Rep 2013; 2013: 154-156
- 9 Sangwan S, Mathur S, Dutta S. Retrieval and reattachment of an elusive tooth fragment. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 2011; 29 (02) 171-175
- 10 Manikandan S, Md Alam N. The hidden tooth: a case report. J Clin Diagn Res 2012; 6 (07) 1350-1351