Subscribe to RSS
Pulmonary Artery Pseudoaneurysm with Recurrent Massive Haemoptysis: Endovascular Management by a Covered StentFunding None.
Pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysm (PAPA) is a potentially fatal, albeit rare cause of hemoptysis. With a varied etiology and debatable management, time is the essence in its treatment. We present a case of a post lobectomy PAPA with recurrence of malignancy, managed via endovascular approach in a low resource setting where an ideal hardware was not available.
01 June 2021 (online)
© 2021. Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
A-12, 2nd Floor, Sector 2, Noida-201301 UP, India
- 1 Matsumura Y, Shiono S, Saito K, Sato T. Pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysm after lung resection successfully treated by coil embolization. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 2010; 11 (03) 364-365
- 2 de Jonge I, Vahl A, van der Hulst V. Coil embolization of a left pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysm after penetrating injury. J Endovasc Ther 2003; 10 (03) 681-683
- 3 Akpinar E, Turkbey B, Canyigit M. et al. Bleeding pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysm secondary to squamous cell lung cancer: computed tomography findings and endovascular management. Acta Radiol 2006; 47 (09) 944-946
- 4 Park A, Cwikiel W. Endovascular treatment of a pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysm with a stent graft: report of two cases. Acta Radiol 2007; 48 (01) 45-47 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17325924/ cited 2020Sep12 [Internet]
- 5 Huet N, Rodiere M, Badet M. et al. Covered Stent and Coils Embolization of a Pulmonary Artery Pseudoaneurysm After Gunshot Wound. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2016; 39 (05) 778-781 DOI: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26662074/ cited 2020Sep12 [Internet].
- 6 Camargo Jde, Camargo SM, Machuca TN, Bello RM. Large pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysm due to lung carcinoma: pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysm. J Thorac Imaging 2010; 25 (01) W4-5
- 7 Shaaban H, Sharma H, Rao J, Clark S. A pulmonary artery false aneurysm after right middle lobectomy: a case report. J Med Case Reports 2007; 1 (01) 70 http://jmedicalcasereports.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1752-1947-1-70 cited 2020Sep13
- 8 Bao M, Zhou Y, Jiang G, Chen C. Pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysm after a left upper sleeve lobectomy. World J Surg Oncol 2013; 11: 272 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24119497/ cited 2020Sep12 [Internet]
- 9 Palmieri VJ, Heal ME, Chowdhury SM, Bandisode VM. Balloon-expandable covered stent implantation for treatment of a traumatic pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysm in a pediatric patient. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2018; 155 (02) e73-e76 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28974317/ cited 2020Sep12 [Internet]
- 10 Hovis CL, Zeni Jr PT. Percutaneous thrombin injection of a pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysm refractory to coil embolization. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2006; 17 (12) 1943-1946 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17185690/ cited 2020Sep12 [Internet]