Balloon-Catheter Buddy Technique for Coiling of Very Small AneurysmFunding None.
The catheter movement and stability in coiling of very small aneurysms is challenging. We describe a technique for controlled catheter movement and successful coiling of a very small aneurysm.
29. Juni 2021 (online)
© 2021. Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
A-12, 2nd Floor, Sector 2, Noida-201301 UP, India
- 1 Wiebers DO, Whisnant JP, Huston III J. et al. International Study of Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms Investigators. Unruptured intracranial aneurysms: natural history, clinical outcome, and risks of surgical and endovascular treatment. Lancet 2003; 362 (9378) 103-110
- 2 Fujiwara S, Fujii K, Nishio S, Fukui M. Long-term results of wrapping of intracranial ruptured aneurysms. Acta Neurochir (Wien) 1990; 103 (1-2) 27-29
- 3 Nguyen TN, Raymond J, Guilbert F. et al. Association of endovascular therapy of very small ruptured aneurysms with higher rates of procedure-related rupture. J Neurosurg 2008; 108 (06) 1088-1092
- 4 Starke RM, Chalouhi N, Ali MS, Penn DL. et al. Endovascular treatment of very small ruptured intracranial aneurysms: complications, occlusion rates and prediction of outcome.. J Neurointerv Surg 2013; 5 (Suppl. 03) 66-71
- 5 Gupta V, Chugh M, Jha AN, Walia BS, Vaishya S. Coil embolization of very small (2 mm or smaller) berry aneurysms: feasibility and technical issues. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2009; 30 (02) 308-314
- 6 Dalfino J, Nair AK, Drazin D, Gifford E, Moores N, Boulos AS. Strategies and outcomes for coiling very small aneurysms. World Neurosurg 2014; 81 (5-6) 765-772