Clinical Radiology Case Presentation: Do’s and Don’ts
Clinical case presentation is part of daily routine for doctors to communicate with each other to facilitate learning, and ultimately patient management. Hence, the art of good clinical case presentation is a skill that needs to be mastered. Case presentations are a part of most undergraduate and postgraduate training programs aimed at nurturing oratory and presentation design skills. This article is an attempt at providing a trainee in radiology a guideline to good case presentation skills.
Keywordsclinical case presentation - presentation skills - clinical radiology case presentation - resident training
25. Mai 2021 (online)
© 2021. Indian Radiological Association. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Onishi H. Role of case presentation for teaching and learning activities. Kaohsiung J Med Sci 2008; 24 (07) 356-360
- 2 Olaitan A, Okunade O, Corne J. How to present clinical cases. BMJ 2010; 340: c1539
- 3 Lesslie M, Parikh JR. Implementing a multidisciplinary tumor board in the community practice setting. Diagnostics (Basel) 2017; 7 (04) 55
- 4 Coralli CH. Effective case presentations–an important clinical skill for nurse practitioners. J Am Acad Nurse Pract 2006; 18 (05) 216-220
- 5 Dhaliwal G, Sharpe BA. Twelve tips for presenting a clinical problem solving exercise. Med Teach 2009; 31 (12) 1056-1059
- 6 Wolpaw TM, Wolpaw DR, Papp KK. SNAPPS: a learner-centered model for outpatient education. Acad Med 2003; 78 (09) 893-898
- 7 American College of Physicians (ACP). Clinical Vignette: Deciding What to Present. Available from: https://www.acponline.org/membership/residents/competitions-awards/acp-national-abstract-competitions/guide-to-preparing-for-the-abstract-competition/ presenting-a-clinical-vignette-deciding-what-to-present. Accessed April 5, 2021
- 8 Developing a Case-Specific Differential Diagnosis. Available from:https://www.saem.org/cdem/education/online-education/m3-curriculum/group-focused-chief-complaint-history-physical-e xamination-and-differential-diagnosis/developing-a-case-specific-differential-diagnosis. Accessed April 5, 2021
- 9 Summary and Diagnosis. Research & Learning Online. Available from: https://www.monash.edu/rlo/assignment-samples/medicine-nursing-and-health-sciences/writing-in-psychological-medicine/summary-and-diagnosis. Accessed April 5, 2021
- 10 Moulton ST, Türkay S, Kosslyn SM. Does a presentation’s medium affect its message? PowerPoint, Prezi, and oral presentations. PLoS One 2017; 12 (07) e0178774
- 11 PechaKucha 20x20. Available from: https://www.pechakucha.com/. Accessed April 5, 2021
- 12 Cavanuagh S. Rowan Medical Libraries Guides: Tools for the Patient Presentation: The Formal Patient Presentation. Available from:https://rowanmed.libguides.com/c.php?g=248235&p=1654477. Accessed April 5, 2021