Subscribe to RSS
In the note below, we shall be discussing in brief about liquid biopsy in cancer under the following headings.
Need/advantages of liquid biopsy
Uses in oncology
20 May 2021 (online)
© 2021. Indian Society of Medical and Paediatric Oncology. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Crowley E, Di Nicolantonio F, Loupakis F, Bardelli A. Liquid biopsy: monitoring cancer-genetics in the blood. Nat Rev Clin Oncol 2013; 10 (08) 472-484
- 2 Diaz Jr LA, Bardelli A. Liquid biopsies: genotyping circulating tumor DNA. J Clin Oncol 2014; 32 (06) 579-586
- 3 Rolfo C, Castiglia M, Hong D. et al. Liquid biopsies in lung cancer: the new ambrosia of researchers. Biochim Biophys Acta 2014; 1846 (02) 539-546
- 4 Paterlini-Bréchot P. Circulating tumor cells: who is the killer?. Cancer Microenviron 2014; 7 (03) 161-176
- 5 Klevebring D, Neiman M, Sundling S. et al. Evaluation of exome sequencing to estimate tumor burden in plasma. PLoS One 2014; 9 (08) e104417
- 6 Joosse SA, Pantel K. Tumor-educated platelets as liquid biopsy in cancer patients. Cancer Cell 2015; 28 (05) 552-554
- 7 Murray NP, Miranda R, Ruiz A, Droguett E. Diagnostic yield of primary circulating tumor cells in women suspected of breast cancer: the BEST (Breast Early Screening Test) study. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2015; 16 (05) 1929-1934
- 8 Lv Q, Gong L, Zhang T. et al. Prognostic value of circulating tumor cells in metastatic breast cancer: a systemic review and meta-analysis. Clin Transl Oncol 2016; 18 (03) 322-330