Prosthetic Rehabilitation of Deeply Placed ImplantFunding None.
Fixed prosthetic option is the most accepted treatment desired by the patient in modern times. Malpositioned implant presents a challenge, especially during prosthetic phase. The prosthetic achievement of various complex cases can be done by following appropriate procedure; one of which has been discussed in this report. The use of transmucosal abutment with castable abutment is successful treatment option for complex malposed single dental implant.
10. Februar 2021 (online)
© 2021. Bhojia Dental College and Hospital affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University. This is an open access article published by Thieme under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonDerivative-NonCommercial-License, permitting copying and reproduction so long as the original work is given appropriate credit. Contents may not be used for commercial purposes, or adapted, remixed, transformed or built upon. (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
A-12, 2nd Floor, Sector 2, Noida-201301 UP, India
- 1 Dewan S, Khullar A, Sehgal M, Arora A. Implant failures: a broader perspective. J Dent Implant 2015; 5 (01) 53-59
- 2 Misch C. Dental Implant Prosthetics. 2nd ed. USA: Elsevier Mosy; 2014: 214-216
- 3 Zitzmann NU, Arnold D, Ball J, Brusco D, Triaca A, Verna C. Treatment strategies for infraoccluded dental implants. J Prosthet Dent 2015; 113 (03) 169-174
- 4 Cavallaro J, Greenstein G. Prosthodontic complications related to non-optimal dental implant placement. 2010; 156-171
- 5 Chatterjee A, Ragher M, Patil S, Chatterjee D, Dandekeri S, Prabhu V. Prosthetic management of malpositioned implant using custom cast abutment. J Pharm Bioallied Sci 2015; 7 (06) (Suppl. 02) S740-S745
- 6 Al-Fahd A, Radi I. Management of complex deeply positioned, severely malaligned dental implant. JIACD 2015; 7 (09) 31-35
- 7 Misch K, Wang HL. Implant surgery complications: etiology and treatment. Implant Dent 2008; 17 (02) 159-168
- 8 Chincholikar S, Singh S, Kalavathy N, Kapoor A. Prosthodontic management of malpositioned implants in anterior maxillary region: a case series. IOSRJDMS 2018; 17 (07) 63-71
- 9 Linkevicius T, Svediene O, Vindasiute E, Linkeviciene L. A technique for making impressions of deeply placed implants. J Prosthet Dent 2011; 106 (03) 204-205
- 10 de Avila ED, de Molon RS, de Barros-Filho LA, de Andrade MF, Mollo Jr FdeA, de Barros LA. Correction of malpositioned implants through periodontal surgery and prosthetic rehabilitation using angled abutment. Case Rep Dent 2014; 2014: 702630
- 11 Yilmaz B, McGlumphy E, Turkyilmaz I. A technique to modify the length of an implant healing abutment. J Oral Implantol 2009; 35 (04) 201-203