Subscribe to RSS
Coronavirus Disease 2019 Infection in a Child with Mild Symptoms and Atypical CourseFunding None.
The number of children infected with new type coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is relatively small; its atypical, mild, and unexpected clinical pictures can be suggested as the reason. In this article, we reported a 25-month-old girl patient without any symptom besides high fever and who had no risk factor or suspicious contact. Also, she developed maculopapular rash that is not reported before in the COVID-19 patients to the best of our knowledge. In the pandemic states, any symptom should be evaluated as potential COVID-19 and detection and isolation of these cases are necessary as it can affect dissemination.
Received: 09 May 2020
Accepted: 28 October 2020
07 December 2020 (online)
© 2020. Thieme. All rights reserved.
Georg Thieme Verlag KG
Rüdigerstraße 14, 70469 Stuttgart, Germany
- 1 Tezer H, Bedir Demirdağ T. Novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in children. Turk J Med Sci 2020; 50 (SI-1): 592-603
- 2 Wu Z, McGoogan JM. Characteristics of and important lessons from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak in China: summary of a report of 72 314 cases from the Chinese center for disease control and prevention. JAMA 2020
- 3 Choi SH, Kim HW, Kang JM, Kim DH, Cho EY. Epidemiology and clinical features of coronavirus disease 2019 in Children. ClinExpPediatr 2020
- 4 Morey-Olivé M, Espiau M, Mercadal-Hally M, Lera-Carballo E, García-Patos V. Cutaneous manifestations in the current pandemic of coronavirus infection disease (COVID 2019). An Pediatr (Engl Ed) 2020; 92 (06) 374-375
- 5 Riphagen S, Gomez X, Gonzalez-Martinez C, Wilkinson N, Theocharis P. Hyperinflammatory shock in children during COVID-19 pandemic. Lancet 2020; 395 (10237): 1607-1608