Computed Tomography-Guided Trans-scapular Coil Localization for Pulmonary NodulesFunding None.
Background The aim of the study is to evaluate the feasibility, safety, and effectiveness of preoperative computed tomography (CT)-guided trans-scapular coil localization (TSCL) of scapula-blocked pulmonary nodules (PNs).
Methods Between November 2015 and May 2020, 11 patients underwent preoperative CT-guided TSCL procedures owing to PN occlusion by scapula.
Results A 100% technical success rate was achieved for CT-guided TSCL, with one coil being used for each PN. One patient (9.1%) developed pneumothorax. Successful video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS)-guided wedge resection of these scapula-blocked PNs was conducted in all patients.
Conclusion CT-guided TSCL can be simply and safely used to facilitate successful VATS-guided wedge resection of scapula-blocked PNs.
Eingereicht: 01. Juni 2020
Angenommen: 01. September 2020
20. November 2020 (online)
© 2020. Thieme. All rights reserved.
Georg Thieme Verlag KG
Rüdigerstraße 14, 70469 Stuttgart, Germany
- 1 Fu YF, Zhang M, Wu WB, Wang T. Coil localization-guided video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery for lung nodules. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2018; 28 (03) 292-297
- 2 Gruber-Rouh T, Naguib NNN, Beeres M. et al. CT-guided hook-wire localisation prior to video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery of pulmonary lesions. Clin Radiol 2017; 72 (10) 898.e7-898.e11
- 3 Zhang ZD, Wang HL, Liu XY, Xia FF, Fu YF. Methylene blue versus coil-based computed tomography-guided localization of lung nodules. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2020; 68: 540-544
- 4 Finley RJ, Mayo JR, Grant K. et al. Preoperative computed tomography-guided microcoil localization of small peripheral pulmonary nodules: a prospective randomized controlled trial. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2015; 149 (01) 26-31
- 5 Iguchi T, Hiraki T, Gobara H. et al. Transfissural route used for preoperative localization of small pulmonary lesions with a short hook wire and suture system. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2015; 38 (01) 222-226
- 6 Xia FF, Shi YB, Wang T, Fu YF. Computed tomography-guided transfissural coil localization of lung nodules. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2020; 68: 545-548
- 7 Iguchi T, Hiraki T, Ishii H. et al. Transosseous route for CT fluoroscopy-guided radiofrequency ablation of lung tumors. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2015; 26 (11) 1694-1698
- 8 Rossi UG, Seitun S, Ferro C. MDCT-guided transthoracic needle aspiration biopsy of the lung using the transscapular approach. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2011; 34 (01) 184-187
- 9 Rebonato A, Maiettini D, Andolfi M. et al. CT-guided percutaneous trans-scapular lung biopsy in the diagnosis of peripheral pulmonary lesion nodules of the superior lobes using large needles. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2018; 41 (02) 284-290
- 10 Harrell JS, Chiou-Tan FY, Zhang H, Kass JS, Taber KH. Procedure-oriented sectional anatomy of the shoulder. J Comput Assist Tomogr 2009; 33 (05) 814-817