Subscribe to RSS
COVID-19 and Women: An Obstetrician’s Perspective
In the era of COVID-19, pregnant patients have genuine concerns regarding their own health and the health of the unborn. It is difficult to provide standard protocols due to extremely limited data. The recommendations and guidelines are being frequently revised as we learn more about the disease.
05 October 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Coronavirus (COVID-19) infection and pregnancy. Guidance for healthcare professionals on coronavirus (COVID-19) infection in pregnancy. RCOG, Royal College of Midwives, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, Public Health England and Public Health Scotland; 2020. Available at: https://www.rcog.org.uk/coronavirus-pregnancy. Accessed July 31, 2020
- 2 American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Practice Advisory; 2020. Available: https://www.acog.org/clinical/clinical-guidance/practice-advisory/articles/2020/03/novel-coronavirus-2019. Accessed August 12, 2020
- 3 Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. Interim Considerations for Infection Prevention and Control of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Inpatient Obstetric Healthcare Settings. 2020. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/pregnancy-breastfeeding.html. Accessed September 3, 2020
- 4 Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Directorate General of Health Services (EMR Division). Revised Guidelines on Clinical Management of COVID-19. 2020. Available at: https://www.icmr.gov.in/pdf/covid/techdoc/Guidance_for_Management_of_Pregnant_Women_in_COVID19_Pandemic_12042020.pdf. Accessed March 31, 2020
- 5 The Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India. Good Clinical Practice recommendation on Pregnancy with COVID-19 Infection. 2020. Available online: https://www.fogsi.org/fogsi-gcpr-on-pregnancy-with-covid-19-infection-version-2/. Accessed April 28, 2020