Review of Recommendations for Gynecology Practice during COVID-19 Pandemic
The impact of COVID-19 on healthcare is enormous. It is essential that we prioritize treating patients and reserving our resources for better care of patients affected with COVID-19. The well-being of the healthcare professionals is of utmost importance as well. Treating gynecological patients during this time is challenging as individualizing treatment without compromising safety and minimizing risk is of utmost importance. In this article, we have aimed to write a consensus to guide the treatment of gynecological patient, based on the limited evidence available as of today.
17 September 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. COVID-19 FAQs for Obstetricians-Gynecology. Available at: https://www.acog.org/clinical-information/physician-faqs/covid19-faqs-for-ob-gyns-gynecology. Accessed August 24, 2020
- 2 Guidance for the Management of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding in the Evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. Available at: https://www.rcog.org.uk/globalassets/documents/guidelines/2020-05-21-joint-rcog-bsge-bgcs-guidance-for-management-of-abnormal-uterine-bleeding-aub-in-the-evolving-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-updated-final-180520.pdf. Accessed August 24, 2020
- 3 BSCCP and RCOG Colposcopy Guidance During COVID-19 Pandemic https://www.rcog.org.uk/globalassets/documents/guidelines/2020-04-17-colposcopy-guidanc-during-covid-19-pandemic.pdf. Accessed August 24, 2020
- 4 COVID-19 Resources and Information for Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare Professionals. Available at: https://www.fsrh.org/fsrh-and-covid-19-resources-and-information-for-srh/. Accessed August 24, 2020
- 5 Gynecologic Oncology Considerations During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Available at: https://www.sgo.org/resources/gyn-onc-considerations-during-covid-19/. Accessed August 24, 2020