Subscribe to RSS
Watching without Judging—Genius Awareness Techniques in Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a holistic healing method for diseases of body and mind.
Homeopathy and awareness-based healing methods have a lot in common. The important aspects of a mental healing process on the part of the treating person are empathic receptiveness, watching without judging and reflecting of the observed contents. On the part of the patient it is non-judgemental watching, catharsis and integration.
The subtle watching of body, emotions and thoughts, applied in homeopathy, is closely related to meditative awareness techniques which nowadays are also used in psychotherapy.
The reflection of the observed is done in homeopathy more by the resonant remedy than by words. With this individual remedy we ‘recognise’ our patients and we catalyse a cathartic awareness process. The primary objective of this awareness process is to help the patient understand and to accept himself, as he is, and subsequently to relax.
While it is known that many mental disorders improve by becoming aware, this is less known for somatic diseases, although there are many studies which show a mental connection for a great part of physical diseases, and therefore similar techniques should work.
The most important link between body and soul is the moderation of stressful and sympathetic states.
Only in a relaxed parasympathetic state self-healing and repairing mechanisms and the immune system can work effectively and locomotor tensions get relief.
Homoeopaths often deny the awareness-based effects of their healing method, because they fear homeopathy to be reduced to placebo medicine, in a time where homeopathy is attacked from many sides. As everywhere in medicine, the placebo effect is invited to ADD itself to the direct impact of our well-chosen remedies. Let us invite also the awareness effects described above, which are far more than only suggestive, by applying them more specifically.
Homoeopaths should be proud of their genius and really holistic art of healing, which bundles substantial, psychic and energetic effects in an economical way and with very low side effects.
Keywordsawareness medicine - awareness process - awareness techniques - meditation - psychosomatic medicine - psychotherapy - watching
Article published online:
27 January 2021
© 2021. Thieme. All rights reserved.
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
A-12, 2nd Floor, Sector 2, Noida-201301 UP, India
- 1 Daruna JH. Infection, Allergy, and Psychosocial Stress. Introduction to Psychoneuroimmunology. 2nd edition.. 2012
- 2 McMillan PJ, Wilkinson CW, Greenup L, Raskind MA, Peskind ER, Leverenz JB. Chronic cortisol exposure promotes the development of a GABAergic phenotype in the primate hippocampus. J Neurochem 2004; 91 (04) 843-851
- 3 de Laporte. C Homöopathie bei psychischen Erkrankungen. 2nd edition. Berlin: Homöopathie und Symbol; 2016
- 4 Nhat Hanh T. Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through the Storm. Harper Collins; 2014
- 5 Nhat Hanh T. Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child. Berkeley, CA: Parallax Press; 2010
- 6 Nhat Hanh T. No Mud, No Lotus: The Art of Transforming Suffering. Parallax Press; 2014
- 7 Nhat Hanh T. Transformation and Healing. The Sutra on the Four Establishments of Mindfulness. Parallax Press; 1990
- 8 Neff KD, Germer C. Self-Compassion and Psychological Wellbeing. In: Doty J. ed. Oxford Handbook of Compassion Science, Chapter 27. Oxford University Press; 2017
- 9 Rosenberg J. Body, Self and Soul Sustaining Integration. Florida: Humanix Books; 1985
- 10 Kabat-Zinn J. Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness. New York: Delacorte Press; 1990
- 11 Osho Body Mind Balancing. Using Your Mind to Heal Your Body. New York: Griffin Publishing 1st St. Martin's Press; 2005: 13
- 12 Osho From Medication to Meditation. How Meditation Supports Physical and Psychological Health. Essex, England: C.W. Daniel Company Limited; 1994
- 13 Osho Dynamic Meditation: A Compendium. Pune: India Osho Media International; ; 1967, Reprint; 2015
- 14 Jütte R. Even imagined pills can be effective (Title of the original text: Selbst eingebildete Pillen können wirken.) Deutsche Ärzte blatt Jg. 116, Heft 31–32, August 2019
- 15 Hübl T Mystical Principles of Healing. Part 1 and 2, Online-Courses 2015 and 2016