Endoscopic Ultrasound-Guided Transgastric Fine Needle Aspiration of Splenic Metastasis
Splenic metastasis is extremely rare and is part of diffuse carcinomatosis. We present a case of a 60-year-old woman with transitional cell ovarian carcinoma who had hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy in the past. She now presented with solitary splenic metastasis, confirmed by endoscopic ultrasound-guided transgastric fine needle aspiration biopsy.
22 June 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 McInnes MD, Kielar AZ, Macdonald DB. Percutaneous image-guided biopsy of the spleen: systematic review and meta-analysis of the complication rate and diagnostic accuracy. Radiology 2011; 260 (03) 699-708
- 2 Bastidas AB, Holloman D, Lankarani A, Nieto JM. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided Needle-Based Probe Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy (nCLE) of intrapancreatic ectopic spleen. ACG Case Rep J 2016; 3 (03) 196-198
- 3 Singh AK, Shankar S, Gervais DA, Hahn PF, Mueller PR. Image-guided percutaneous splenic interventions. Radiographics 2012; 32 (02) 523-534
- 4 Patel N, Dawe G, Tung K. Ultrasound-guided percutaneous splenic biopsy using an 18-G core biopsy needle: our experience with 52 cases. Br J Radiol 2015; 88 (1055) 20150400
- 5 Fritscher-Ravens A, Mylonaki M, Pantes A, Topalidis T, Thonke F, Swain P. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided biopsy for the diagnosis of focal lesions of the spleen. Am J Gastroenterol 2003; 98 (05) 1022-1027
- 6 Resta G, Vedana L, Marino S, Scagliarini L, Bandi M, Anania G. Isolated splenic metastasis of ovaric cancer. Case report and literature review. G Chir 2014; 35 (7-8) 181-184
- 7 Balekuduru AB, Dutta AK, Nagaruru SK, Sheik S, Kurella SP, Subbaraj SB. Comparison of diagnostic yield of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration cytology and cell block in solid lesions. J Dig Endosc 2017; 8: 176-181
- 8 Saab S, Challita Y, Holloman D, Hathaway K, Kahaleh M, Nieto J. Case series review of the safety and efficacy of endoscopic ultrasound-guided splenic mass core biopsy. Clin Endosc 2018; 51 (06) 600-601
- 9 Sammon J, Twomey M, Crush L, Maher MM, O’Connor OJ. Image-guided percutaneous splenic biopsy and drainage. Semin Intervent Radiol 2012; 29 (04) 301-310
- 10 Rana SS, Bhasin DK, Rao C. et al. Splenic tuberculosis diagnosed by endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration. Endosc Ultrasound 2012; 1 (03) 167-168