Subscribe to RSS
Kickstarting the Endoscopy Unit after Lockdown Period: Why, When, and How?Financial Disclosure None.
Endoscopy is an aerosol-generating procedure which poses a high risk of transmission to the endoscopist. Consequently, only urgent and semiurgent endoscopic procedures are being performed since the dawn of the lockdown period. Curbing down the number is the need of the hour and not the choice. It is meant to prepare us to embrace the uncertain conditions in the postlockdown era. In addition, it would allow the judicious use of health care resources like personal protection equipment (PPE) and save them for a time when they are needed the most.
In the article, “Way forward: GI Endoscopy Work flow post Lockdown era,” the authors provide with a broad guidance on the strategies of stepwise resumption of endoscopy services in the postlockdown phase.
16 May 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Rosenbaum L. The untold toll - the pandemic’s effects on patients without COVID-19. N Engl J Med 2020;10.1056/NEJMms2009984
- 2 Sud R, Sud S. Way forward : GI Endoscopy Work flow post Lockdown era. Journal of Digestive Endoscopy 2020; 11: 89-91
- 3 Philip M, Lakhtakia S, Aggarwal R, et al. Joint guidance from SGEI, ISG and INASL for gastroenterologists and gastrointestinal endoscopists on the prevention, care, and management of patients with COVID-19. J Clin Exp Hepatol 2020 (epub ahead of print), DOI:10.1055/s-0040-1709837
- 4 Chiu PWY, Ng SC, Inoue H. et al. Practice of endoscopy during COVID-19 pandemic: position statements of the Asian Pacific Society for Digestive Endoscopy (APSDE-COVID statements). Gut 2020; gutjnl-2020-321185
- 5 Gralnek IM, Hassan C, Beilenhoff U. et al. ESGE and ESGENA Position Statement on gastrointestinal endoscopy and the COVID-19 pandemic. Endoscopy 2020; /a-1155-6229
- 6 Repici A, Maselli R, Colombo M. et al. Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak: what the department of endoscopy should know. Gastrointest Endosc 2020; pii: S0016-5107(20)30245-5
- 7 Arons MM, Hatfield KM, Reddy SC. et al. Presymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infections and transmission in a skilled nursing facility. N Engl J Med 2020; /NEJMoa2008457