Natural History of Patients with Unresectable CholangiocarcinomaFinancial support No.
Cholangiocarcinoma is a malignancy of the bile ducts. Globally, CCA is the second most common primary hepatic malignancy. These tumors usually progress insidiously, are difficult to diagnose, and have poor prognosis. Unfortunately, treatment options are discouraging. Data on the natural history of CCA in coastal Andhra Pradesh is limited. Our aim is to report the natural history of CCA in this region.
04 May 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Shaib Y, El-Serag HB. The epidemiology of cholangiocarcinoma. Semin Liver Dis 2004; 24 (02) 115-125
- 2 Patel T. Increasing incidence and mortality of primary intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in the United States. Hepatology 2001; 33 (06) 1353-1357
- 3 Shaib YH, El-Serag HB, Davila JA, Morgan R, McGlynn KA. Risk factors of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in the United States: a case-control study. Gastroenterology 2005; 128 (03) 620-626
- 4 Gores GJ. A spotlight on cholangiocarcinoma. Gastroenterology 2003; 125 (05) 1536-1538
- 5 Gores GJ. Cholangiocarcinoma: current concepts and insights. Hepatology 2003; 37 (05) 961-969
- 6 Weber A, Landrock S, Schneider J. et al. Long-term outcome and prognostic factors of patients with hilar cholangiocarcinoma. World J Gastroenterol 2007; 13 (09) 1422-1426
- 7 Lang H, Sotiropoulos GC, Frühauf NR. et al. Extended hepatectomy for intrahepatic cholangiocellular carcinoma (ICC): when is it worthwhile? Single center experience with 27 resections in 50 patients over a 5-year period. Ann Surg 2005; 241 (01) 134-143
- 8 Witzigmann H, Berr F, Ringel U. et al. Surgical and palliative management and outcome in 184 patients with hilar cholangiocarcinoma: palliative photodynamic therapy plus stenting is comparable to r1/r2 resection. Ann Surg 2006; 244 (02) 230-239