Two Phase Therapy for Class II Division 1 Malocclusion - A Case Report
A 13 year old growing male reported with a complaint of forwardly placed upper front teeth. The case was diagnosed to be Skeletal Class II due to retrognathic mandible. Since the patient was in the growing phase, two phase treatment was planned. The First phase comprised of mandibular advancement using TWIN BLOCK. The final finishing and detailing was achieved in the Second phase of treatment using 0.022 MBT Prescription (self-legating) to produce well-aligned arches in good function and aesthetics.
Received: 28 July 2017
Accepted: 10 August 2017
22 April 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Proffit WR. The etiology of orthodontic problems. In : Proffit WR, Fields HW, Sarver DM, editors. Contemporary Orthodontics. 4th ed. St. louis : Mosby; 2007.
- 2 Moss, ML. the primacy of functional matrices in profacial growth, Dent Pract, 1968, 19: 65-73.
- 3 Clark WJ. Twin Block Functional Therapy. 2nd ed. Mosby; 2002.
- 4 De Vicenzo, JP & Winn, MW (1989). Orthopaedic and orthodontic effectsresulting from the use of a functional appliance with different amount of protrusive activation. Am. J. Orthod. Orthop. 96: 181-190.
- 5 Falke, F & Frankel, R (1989) Clinical relevance of step by step mandibular advancement in the treatment of mandibular retrusion using the Frankel appliance. Am. J. Orthod. Dentofac. Orthop., 96: 333-41.