Full mouth rehabilitation of a patient exhibiting generalized attrition - A case report
Tooth wear is multifactorial and its way of presentation is complex. Many factors are to considered before arriving at a final treatment plan. Time tested philosophies of dental reconstruction must be taken as a basic foundation to which modifications can be done as per individual needs of the patient. The ultimate aim of any treating dentist is to arrive at a solution which lays emphasis on the comprehensive oral health of the patient. This case report describes one such case of managementof a patient with generalized sensitivity.
Received: 10 March 2017
Accepted: 29 July 2017
22 April 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Smith BG. Tooth wear: aetiology and diagnosis. Dent Update 1989;16:204-212.
- 2 Dawson PE. Functional Occlusion- From TMJ to smile design. 1 st ed. NewYork; Elsevier Inc.; 2008.p. 430-452.
- 3 Lerner Jay. A systematic approach to full mouth reconstruction of the severely worn dentition. PractProcedAesthet Dent 2008;20(2):81-87.
- 4 Johansson A, Johansson AK, Omar R,Carlsson GE. Rehabilitation of worn dentition. J Oral Rehabil 2008; 35:548-560.
- 5 Turner K A, MissirlanDM.Restoration of extremely worn dentition. J Prosthet Dent 1984;52: 467-74.
- 6 Abduo J, Lyons R. Clinical considerations for increasing occlusal vertical dimension: A review. Aust Dent Journal;57:2014:2-10.