An Unusual Presentation of Lung Cancer
Soft-tissue metastasis refers to the growth of cancer cells originating from internal cancer in the soft tissues. In most cases, soft-tissue metastasis develops after initial diagnosis of the primary internal malignancy and late in the course of the disease. In very rare cases, they may occur at the same time or before the primary cancer has been detected. In our case, the soft-tissue metastasis and the primary lung cancer were diagnosed at the same time. To the best of our knowledge soft tissue metastasis on the anterior abdominal wall of unknown primary lung cancer is an extremely rare condition and only a handful of cases have been reported till date .We report a case of unsuspected soft tissue metastasis on the anterior abdominal wall of an unknown primary lung cancer with relevant discussion on the same.
Received: 06 November 2015
Accepted: 01 January 2017
22 April 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Baldeo C ,Ali R ,Sreeram V et al .Lung cancer presenting as a soft tissue metastasis. Case Reponcol.2015 Jan-Aprj 8(1) : 183-188
- 2 Nguyen NC, Chaar BT, Osman MM Prevalence and patterns of soft tissue metastasis: detection with true wall body F-18 FDG PET/CT. BMC Med Imaging. 2007; 7:8
- 3 Sinha N, Niazi M, Diaz-Fuentes U, Duncalf R. An innocent appearing subcutaneous nodules diagnosis a small cell lung cancer in a never smoker female. Case Rep Onco Med 2014; 2014:268404
- 4 Salvatierra A, Baamonde C, Llamas JM, Cruz F, Lopez- Pujol J. Extra thoracic staging of bronchogenic carcinoma. Chest.1990; 97: 1053- 1058
- 5 Pathak S, Joshi SR, Jaison J, Kendre D. Cutaneous metastasis from carcinoma of lung. Indian Dermatol Online J.2013; 4 : 185-187
- 6 Hu S-S, Chen G-S, Lu Y-W, Wu C-S, Lan C-C. Cutaneous metastasis from different internal malignancies; a clinical and prognostic appraisal. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2008; 22: 735-740.