A Survey To Evaluate The Nasolabial Angle (Nla) In Indian Population
Esthetics is an important factor in self-esteem of a person. Nasolabial angle is a key determinant in the fullness of the upper lip and it has been utilized to assess the esthetics while restoring upper anterior teeth. In the present study, the average nasolabial angle of the Indian population was assessed and identified which could be used as a guideline while replacing an edentulous patient with prosthesis.
KeywordsEsthetics - Nasolabial Angle (NLA) - Edentulous patient - Complete Denture Prostheses - Indian population
Received: 18 January 2017
Accepted: 05 February 2017
22 April 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Maria B, Darcy F. Assessment of the nasolabial angle in young Brazilian black subjects with normal occiusion. Braz Oral Res. 2004;18(3):233-7.
- 2 Czarnecki S T, Nanda R S, Currier G F. Perceptions of a balanced facial profile.American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. 1993;104:180-187.
- 3 Isiekwe GI, daCosta, IsiekweMC.Cephalometric assessment of the nasolabial angle of an adult Nigerian population. Nig Dent J. 2011;19,2:25-32.
- 4 Mayury K, Maria B etal. Nasolabial angle in finger sucking patients. Braz J Oral Sci. 2005;4:133-138.
- 5 Daniel S, Marcos R, Guilher J, Karina M. Nasolabial Angle at Rest and Upon Smiling. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2014; 72:2567.el-2567.e5.
- 6 Hasan A, Ghulam R. Evaluation of the nasolabial angle of Khyber pakhtunkhwa sample. Pakistan Oral & Dental Journal. 2014;34,1:106-114.
- 7 Fitzgerald JP, Nanda RS, Currier GF. An evaluation of the nasolabial angle and the relative inclinations of the nose and upper lip. Am JOrthod. 1992;102:328-34.
- 8 Prahl-Andersen etal. Adolescent growth changes in soft tissue profile. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics; 1995:107:476-483.
- 9 Nandini et al. An evaluation of nasolabial angle and the relative inclinations of the nose and upper lip. Jcontemporery dental practice; 2011;12(3):96-105.
- 10 Elias AC. The importance of the nasolabial angle in the diagnosis and treatment of malocclusion. Int J Orthod 1980;18:7-12.
- 11 Cotton WN, Takano WS, Wong WMW. The Downs analysis applied to three other ethnic groups. Angle Orthod 1951;21:213-20.
- 12 Burstone CJ. lip posture and its significance in treatment planning. Am J Orthod. 1967;53:262-84.
- 13 Silva F et al. Avaliac; aoce-falometrica do angulonasolabialaos 7 anos,12 anos e 19 anos, numaamostra de oclusaonormal. Rev SBO1990;1:108-13.