Subscribe to RSS
RANDOMISED CROSS SECTIONAL STUDY OF ORAL HEALTH RELATED KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOUR AMONG PARAMEDICAL STUDENTS
The aim of the study is to estimate the knowledge, attitude and behaviour regarding oral health among para medical students
Materials and method: A cross sectional questionnaire survey was conducted among 150 para medical professionals in Mangalore. The health care professionals include from physiotherapy, nursing and medical lab technicians. They were asked to answer a questionnaire that contained 15 questions regarding knowledge and behaviour towards oral health.
Results and conclusion: Majority of para medical students were practising a convincing oral hygiene methods they believed oral health play a role in general health had a positive attitude in educating their patients when required.
Article published online:
22 April 2020
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Morenike Folayan, Ayomide Sowole, Aderonke Kola Jebutu. Risk factors for caries in children from south-western Nigeria. Journal of clinical paediatric dentistry 2007; 32:171-175
- 2 Goyala, Gaubak, Chawla H S, Kapur A. Epidemiology of dental caries in Chandigarh school children and trends over the last 25 years. J Indian soc pedo prev Dent.2007;25:115-118.
- 3 Dhar V, Jain A, Van Dyke T E, Kholi A. Prevalence of dental caries and treatment needs in the school going children of rural areas in Udaipur district. Indian Soc Pedo prev Dent 2007; 25:119-121.
- 4 Woodgroove J, G. Cumberbatch, S. Gylbier. Understanding dental attendance behaviour. Community Dent Health 1987; 4:215-221.
- 5 Hamilton. M. E, W. M. Coulby. Oral health knowledge and habits of senior elementary school students. Journal of Public Health Dentistry 1991; 51:212-219.
- 6 Freeman R, J. Maizels, M. Wyllie, A. Sheiham. The relationship between health related knowledge, attitude and dental health behaviour in 14-16-year-old adolescents. Community Dental health 1993; 10:397-404.
- 7 Laxman Singh Kaira, Virag Srivastava, Parul Giri, Devendra Chopra. Oral health-related knowledge, attitude and practice among nursing students of Rohilkhand Medical College and Hospital; A questionnaire study, 10.5005/JP-journals-10026-1005.