OCULAR MANIFESTATIONS OF APLASTIC ANEMIA FOLLOWING PLATELET TRASFUSION: A CASE REPORT
Aplastic anaemia is a rare haemopoietic stem-cell disorder that results in pancytopenia and hypocellular bone marrow. Ocular findings are manifestations of preexisting anemia. Here we are reporting a case of aplastic anemia which presented with the ocular findings following platelet transfusion which has not been reported in literature to the best of our knowledge.
26 April 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Brodsky RA, Jones RJ: Aplastic anaemia: Lancet. 2005 May 7-13; 365(9471):1647-56
- 2 Aditi Mohla, Olugbemisola Oworu, and Colin Hutchinson: Aplastic anaemia presenting with features of raised intracranial pressure J R Soc Med. 2006 June; 99(6): 315–316
- 3 Young NS: Acquired aplastic anemia: Ann Intern Med 2002 Apr 2; 136(7):534-46
- 4 Koh A: Anaemia—more than meets the eye: Singapore Med J 1998; 39: 222
- 5 Mansour AM, Salti HI, Han DP, Khoury A, Friedman SM, Salem Z, Ibrahim K, Bazerbachi A, Saghir N: Ocular findings in aplastic anemia: Ophthalmologica. 2000; 214(6):399-402
- 6 Lubeck MJ. Papilloedema caused by iron deficiency anaemia. Trans Am Acad Ophthalmol 1959; 63: 306
- 7 Sedrowicz E, Dróbecka-Brydak E, Teliga-Czajkowska J: Ocular manifestations of the HELLP syndrome: Klin Oczna. 1997; 99(5):335-7