A CLINICAL STUDY OF INCIDENCE AND DISTRIBUTION AND CO- RELATING FACTORS OF CLEFT LIP AND CLEFT PALATE AMONG KARNATAKA & KERALA POPULATION
The aim of this prospective study is to determine the incidences of cleft lip and palate in Karnataka & Kerala population. It also highlights a part of embryological aspect and theories that help to correlate and understand the incidence of the congenital anomaly. This prospective study were conducted in 1000 patients having cleft lip and palate deformities and classified, incidences and types of patterns of occurrences were statistically analysed. It was observed that incidences of Cleft lip and palate is more common in males were 51.9% and that of Cleft palate is more prevelant in females were - 48.1%
26 April 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 M M Tolarova, Cervenka J- classification and birth prevalence of orofacial clefts. J Craniofacial Surgery 32:7,423-427: 1998.
- 2 L Capelozza, SM Tanigchi – The craniofacial morphology of adult unoperated cleft lip and palate. J Craniofacial Surgery – 30:4,376-381, 1993.
- 3 J Milerad, O Larson, C Hagberg – Associated malformations in infants with cleft lip and palate a prospective population based study. J Paediatrics 100;2,180-186, 1997.
- 4 LG Farkas, K Hajnis, JC Posnik – Anthromometric and anthroposcopic findings of the nasal and facial region in cleft patients before and after lip repair.J Craniofacial Surg 30;1-12, 1993.
- 5 JC Murray – Clinical Genetics, Gene and environmental causes of cleft lip and palate.Wiley Online Library -2002.