A SURVEY TO ASSESS PATIENT SATISFACTION AFTER RECEIVING COMPLETE DENTURE PROSTHESES IN A.B. SHETTY MEMORIAL INSTITUTE OF DENTAL SCIENCES
Conventional complete denture therapy is the most extensively used form of treatment for replacement of missing dentition. Patient satisfaction plays a major role in determining the success during treatment procedures. It helps in assessment of certain psychological traits and the impact of complete denture prostheses on daily living. This study was done to evaluate the relationship between patient satisfaction and the newly constructed denture prostheses, as it would indicate the degree of success of the treatment given.
24 April 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Ellis JS, Thomason JM, Mc Andrew R. A pilot study examining the effects of enhanced aesthetics on oral health related quality of life and patient's satisfaction with complete dentures. Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent, 2010; 18(3):116-22.
- 2 Ellis JS, Pelekis ND, Thomason JM. Conventional rehabilitation of edentulous patients: the impact on oral health-related quality of life and patient satisfaction. J Prosthodont, 2007; 16(1):37-42.
- 3 Kelly SA, Hyland RM, Ellis JS, Thomason JM, Moyiniyan PJ. Development of a patient-based questionnaire about emotional and social issues related to eating with dentures. J Dent, 2012;40(8):678- 85.
- 4 Frank RP, Milogrom P, Leroux BG, Hawkins NR. Treatment outcomes with mandibular removable partial dentures: A population based study of patient outcomes. J Prosthodont, 1998; 80(1):36-45.
- 5 Marinus AJ. Determinants of dissatisfaction with dentures: A multiple regression analysis. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 1990; 64(5):569–572.
- 6 Marinus AJ. The influence of psychologic factors on patient satisfaction with complete dentures. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 1990; 63(5):545–548.
- 7 Boerrigter EM, Geertman ME, Van Oort RP, Bouma J, Raghoebar GM, van Waas AJ, van't Hof MA, Boering G, Kalk W. Patient Satisfaction with implant retained mandibular over dentures. A comparision with new complete dentures not retained by implants, A multicentre randomized clinical trial. British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery,1995;33(5):282-288
- 8 Boerrigter EM, Stegenga B, Raghoebar GM, Boering G. Patient satisfaction and chewing ability with implant-retained mandibular overdentures: A comparison with new complete dentures with or without preprosthetic surgery. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1995; 53(10):1167-1173.
- 9 Fenlon MR, Sherriff M. An investigation of factors influencing patients' satisfaction with new complete dentures using structural equation modeling. Journal of Dentistry, 2008; 36(6):427-434.
- 10 Fenlon MR, Sherriff M. Investigation of new complete denture quality and patients' satisfaction with and use of dentures after two years. Journal of Dentistry, 2004; 32(4):327-333.
- 11 Berg E. The influence of some anamnestic, demographic, and clinical variables on patient acceptance of new complete dentures Acta Odontol Scandinavica, 1984; 42(2):119-127.
- 12 Garret NR, Kapur KK, Perez P. Effects of improvements of poorly fitting dentures and new dentures on patient satisfaction. Journal of Dentistry, 1996; 76(4): 403-413.
- 13 Zarb GA, Bolender CL. Prosthodontic Treatment for Edentulous Patients. 12 Ed. Mosby; 2009:10,438.