Subscribe to RSS
UNUSUAL PRESENTATION OF SOLITARY BONE CYST - A CASE REPORT
Solitary bone cyst, also known as traumatic bone cyst or idiopathic bone cyst, is a bony cavity with no epithelial lining and no infection, containing fluid and small amounts of tissue. Clinically these lesions are usually asymptomatic and detected accidentally on routine radiographic examination. Normally, they are empty cavities sometimes having a thin lining of connective tissue without epithelium. They may contain serosanguinous fluid, clots, erythrocytes, fibrin and giant cells. In this report, we present a case of solitary bone cyst in the anterior mandible which was associated with pain.
24 April 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Tong AC, Ng IO, Yan BS(2003) Variations in clinical presentations of the simple bone cyst: report of cases. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:1487-91.
- 2 Strabbing E.M., Gortzak R.A.Th., Vinke J.G., Saridin C.P., van Merkesteyn J.P.R (2011) An a typical presentation of a solitary bone cyst of the mandibular ramus: A case report. Journal of CranioMaxilloFac Surg 39 : e145-47
- 3 Velasco I, Cifuentes J, Lobos N, Martín FS(2012) The unusual evolution of a simple bone cyst in the mandible: a case report. J Clin Exp Dent 4: e132-5.
- 4 MacDonald-Jankowski D. S(1995) Traumatic Bone Cysts in the Jaws of a Hong Kong Chinese Population. Clinical Radiology 50: 787-91
- 5 de Oliveira JFCD, Barbosa DBM, Pereira LC, Gabrielli MAC, Sarmento VA(2012) Mandibular simple bone cysts: a rare case of bilateral occurrence. Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 78:134.
- 6 Perdigão PF, Silva EC, Sakurai E, Soares de Araújo N, Gomez RS(2003) Idiopathic bone cavity: a clinical, radiographic, and histological study. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 41: 407-9.
- 7 Mathew R, Omami G, Gianoli D, Lurie A (2012)Unusual cone-beam computerized tomography presentation of traumatic (simple) bone cyst: case report and radiographic analysis. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 113:410-13
- 8 Nelson BL(2010) Solitary Bone Cyst Head and Neck Pathol 4:208–209
- 9 Forssell K, Forssell H, Happonen RP, Neva M (1988) Simple bone cyst. Review of the literature and analysis of 23 cases. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 17: 21-4
- 10 Baqain ZH, Jayakrishnan A, Farthing PM, Hardee P (2005)Recurrence of a solitary bone cyst of the mandible: case report. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 43:333-5.
- 11 Copete MA, Kawamata A, Langlais RP (1998) Solitary bone cyst of the jaws: radiographic review of 44 cases. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 85:221-5.