ORAL PYOGENIC GRANULOMA: A CASE REPORT
Pyogenic granuloma is an inflammatory hyperplasia affecting the oral tissues. It is a tumour-like growth of the oral cavity, which usually arises in response to nonspecific infection. Because of the high frequency of pyogenic granuloma in the oral cavity, this case report describes a pyogenic granuloma in a 59-year-old male patient, discussing the clinical features and histopathologic features that distinguish this lesion from other similar oral mucosa lesions and also the successful management of the lesion.
24. April 2020 (online)
Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd.
A-12, Second Floor, Sector -2, NOIDA -201301, India
- 1 Hartzell MB. Granuloma pyogenicum. J Cutan Dis Syph 1904;22:520-525.
- 2 Sumanth Shivaswamy, Nazia Siddiqui, A. Sanjay Jain, Ajit Koshy, Sonal Tambwekar, Akhil Shankar. A rare case of generalized pyogenic granuloma: A case report. Quintessence Int 2011;42:493–499.
- 3 Ningappa Chinnannavar Sangamesh, Bellguppa Poornima, Kodige Chandrashekar Vidya, Santosh Bhopal Sakri. Extragingival pyogenic granuloma: A rare case report. Journal of the Scientific Society 2013;40(1):49-51.
- 4 Reet Kamal, Parveen Dahiya, Abhiney Puri. Oral pyogenic granuloma: various concepts of etiopathogenesis. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology 2012;16(1):79-82.
- 5 Epivatianos A, Antoniades D, Zaraboukas T, Zairi E, Poulopoulos A, Kiziridou A, Iordanidis S. Pyogenic granuloma of the oral cavity: comparative study of its clinicopathological and immunohistochemical features. Pathol Int 2005;55:391-7.
- 6 Hamid Jafarzadeh, Majid Sanatkhani, Nooshin Mohtasham. Oral pyogenic granuloma: a review. Journal of Oral Science 2006;48(4):167- 175
- 7 Goodman-Topper ED, Bimstein E. Pyogenic granuloma as a cause of bone loss in a twelve-year-old child: report of case. ASDC J Dent Child 1994;61:65-67.
- 8 Pushpendra Kumar Verma,Ruchi Srivastava, HC Baranwal, TP Chaturvedi, Anju Gautam, Amit Singh. Pyogenic Granuloma - Hyperplastic Lesion of the Gingiva: Case Reports. Open Dent J. 2012; 6: 153–156.