Trismus: An unusual presentation following road accident
15 January 2020 (online)
Trismus due to trauma usually follows road accidents leading to massive faciomaxillary injury. in the literature there is no report of a foreign body causing trismus following a road accident, this rare case is an exception. we present a case of isolated presentation of trismus following a road accident. this case report stresses on the thorough evaluation of patients presenting with trismus following a road accident.
- 1 Luyk NH, Steinberg B. Etiology and diagnosis of clinically evident jaw trismus. Aust Dent J 1990; 35: 523-9
- 2 Lacy PD, Timon CI, Ryan CD, Donnelly MP, McShane DP. Migrating foreign body: A new cause of trismus. J Laryngol Otol 1995; 109: 990-1
- 3 English GM, Hemenway WG. Infratemporal fossa foreign body. JAMA 1968; 204: 631-3
- 4 Malhotra C, Arora MM, Mehra YN. An unusual foreign body in the nose. J Laryngol Otol 1971; 84: 539-40
- 5 Maisels DO, Priestland HA. Plastic trismus: A difficult diagnostic problem. Br J Plast Surg 1973; 26: 223-6