Scarless platysmaplasty for platysmal bands
15 January 2020 (online)
Transection of plastysmal bands has required a surgical approach that leaves scars and limits patient activities for a period of time. The author has developed a simple method to transect the platysmal bands under local anesthesia without resorting to skin incisions. The transection is performed with the use of a Vicryl ® suture that is inserted through the skin, around the platysmal band, and then out through the original entry point. A back and forth motion of the suture cuts through the band.
- 1 Saylan Z. Serial notching of the platysma bands. Aesthet Surg J 2001; 21: 412-7
- 2 Saylan Z. Serial notching of the platysma bands, update. Am J Cosm Surg 2003; 20: 201-4
- 3 1st Internationaler Asthetikkongress. Barth, Germany: October 2003: 16-9
- 4 Sulamanidze MA. Shiffman MA. Sulamanidze GM. Management of facial rhytids by subcutaneous soft tissue dissection. Int J Cosm Surg Aesth Derm 2000; 2: 255-9
- 5 Subcutaneous Wire Assisted Scalpel. K.M.I., Inc. 2002.