Homoeopathic Pathogenetic Trial
24 September 2019 (online)
Drug proving is the systematic process of acquiring knowledge of the instruments intended for the cure of the natural diseases. Drug proving is a method, unique to homoeopathy where the pathogenesis of a drug is evolved through its trials on apparently Healthy Human Volunteers (Provers) of different age and both the sexes. Provings are an important part of homoeopathic theory and a mainstay of its practice since the first proving of Cinchona officinalis by Hahnemann in 1790. Based on the pathogenesis, a drug picture is evolved, on the basis of which prescription is made. This provides a necessary tool to find the most appropriate remedy for the patient.
- 1 Datta A. Homoeopathic Drug Proving. Homoebook [serial online]. 2011 [cited 2019 July 24]. Available at: https://www.homeobook.com/homoeopathic-drug-proving/
- 2 Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy. Drug Proving Program Protocol [serial online]. C2014 [cited 2019 July 28]. Available at: https://www.ccrhindia.nic.in//admnis/admin/showimg.aspx?ID=3467
- 3 Bradford TL. The Life and Letters of Dr. Samuel Hahnemann. http://homeoint.org/books4/bradford/chapter11.htm
- 4 European Committee of Homeopathy. ECH Homeopathic Drug Provings Guidelines Version 1.1 June 2011 [cited 2014 Feb 26]. Available at: http://www.homeopathyeurope.org/publications/guidelines/homeopathicprovings/ECH_Proving_Guidelines_v1.pdf
- 5 Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy. Homoeopathic Drug Proving: Randomised Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial. Indian J Res Homoeopathy [serial online] 2015 [cited 2019 July30];9:3–11. Available from: http://www.ijrh.org/text.asp?2015/9/1/3/154341
- 6 Mishra BR. Drug proving in homoeopathy. Altern Integr Med 2013; 2 (10) 83
- 7 Hahnemann S. Organon of Medicine. 5th and 6th edition. Translated by Dudgeon RE, Boericke W. New Delhi: B Jain. Reprint; 2010: 140-161
- 8 Ross A, Wassenhoven MV. Second Edition of LMHI Guidelines for a Homeopathic Drug Proving (HDP). Available from: http://liga.iwmh.net/index.php?menuid=95 and reporeid = 310 [Last accessed on 2019 July 22]
- 9 European Committee of Homeopathy. ECH Homeopathic Drug Provings Guidelines Version Available from: http://www.homeopathyeurope.org/publications/guidelines/homeopathic-provings/ECH_Proving_Guidelines_v1.pdf [Last accessed on 2019July 18].
- 10 Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States. HPCUS Proving guidelines. Available from: http://www.hpus.com/Draft-HPCUSProving-Guidelines.pdf [Last accessed on 2019 July22]